Insurance quotes in London - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 7th February 2016, 13:26 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 07 CTR Nighthawk Black
Insurance quotes in London

Hi all

(Londoners)
Interested to know what prices you were quoted/or are on at the moment with a FN2 Type R in London?

I am 26 years old with 0 NCD but 6 years named driver, I am receiving quotes of £1,500+ without any mods!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 7th February 2016, 16:52
Supporter

Car: 58 DB CTR
I moved up from Southampton in April last year where I was paying about £600 ish. Just got a renewal of £930! I'm 37 with about 16 years claim free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 7th February 2016, 20:34 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryd gt-R View Post
I moved up from Southampton in April last year where I was paying about £600 ish. Just got a renewal of £930! I'm 37 with about 16 years claim free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Blimey! It shouldnt cost that much!
Think you should definately shop around come renewal!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 7th February 2016, 20:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkzsta View Post
Hi all

(Londoners)
Interested to know what prices you were quoted/or are on at the moment with a FN2 Type R in London?

I am 26 years old with 0 NCD but 6 years named driver, I am receiving quotes of £1,500+ without any mods!
Got my 1.8 ES in December a week or so after passing my test. Paying something in the region of £1800 a year in insurance. I'm 28 and living in a fairly posh place.

We can cry together, if you like. :P
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 7th February 2016, 22:34 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by guywithacivic View Post
Got my 1.8 ES in December a week or so after passing my test. Paying something in the region of £1800 a year in insurance. I'm 28 and living in a fairly posh place.

We can cry together, if you like. :P
First of all congrats to getting the pink card

And second of all getting a civic

I seriously cant believe how they justify the prices? If it was in the reigion of £1000-£1500 that would have been reasonable!
You hear 18 year olds on their first car being quoted this much but a 27 year old? (No offence)! you wouldnt be like "YOLO!"

Did you go on comparison sites, etc?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 7th February 2016, 22:56
Hoonigan!

Postcode is the biggest factor on insurance crime rates etc.

Insuring my fn2 in bolton - 25 - driving 5 years 4 years ncb im paying 1600
If i insured it at my aunties house in penrith its 500.

Bloody joke.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 8th February 2016, 08:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkzsta View Post
First of all congrats to getting the pink card

And second of all getting a civic

I seriously cant believe how they justify the prices? If it was in the reigion of £1000-£1500 that would have been reasonable!
You hear 18 year olds on their first car being quoted this much but a 27 year old? (No offence)! you wouldnt be like "YOLO!"

Did you go on comparison sites, etc?
Yeah, thats after going through comparison sites. I had some argey-bargey with them as it was - they tried to give me an "updated" quote of four ****ing grand.

Like you said, I was mystified at paying so much at 28. I know that 18 year old shitheads getting a civic are a magnet for car accidents, but I've got a steady professional salaried job and a kid. I'm not going to go out and immediately wrap the thing around a tree!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 8th February 2016, 09:40
Supporter

Car: 2014 Aygo
Quote:
Originally Posted by guywithacivic View Post
Yeah, thats after going through comparison sites. I had some argey-bargey with them as it was - they tried to give me an "updated" quote of four ****ing grand.

Like you said, I was mystified at paying so much at 28. I know that 18 year old shitheads getting a civic are a magnet for car accidents, but I've got a steady professional salaried job and a kid. I'm not going to go out and immediately wrap the thing around a tree!
If I am reading correctly you are a brand new driver and live in London (posh area or not nearly all London post codes have a higher premium), having a child does not make you more "responsible" in the eyes of insurers, obviously your age will count for you versus an 18 year old but that is the only area you differ. I agree that insurance is a lottery, when I insured my Type S the quotes varied massively, one "trick" is to try variations of your job title (without lying) as some attract a higher premium. eg you might be a "sales rep" but based in an office hence a tile such as "sales admin" or "telesales" might work for you, I cannot find the link but I remember reading about what job titles hike up the premium along with suggestions for alternatives - might be worth doing.

Civinfo > All Civics > Insurance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page