Advice - Civinfo
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By sumba
  • 1 Post By jaxckhan

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 15th December 2016, 16:48 Thread Starter

Advice

Hey guys I need some advice on this, recently i changing my insurance policy to another company which is Brentarce. They discover i made a non fault 3rd party claim. But they need me to ask the person who went into me to do hand written letter to prove that its her fault. The car accident happen in August. Am i allowed to ask the person to do that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 15th December 2016, 16:55
Supporter

Car: 2008 Type R FN2, NHB
That's ridiculous. It's their responsibility to check insurance records, not yours. If their database is showing that it was your fault, though, and you're saying otherwise, you may need proof.

What was the nature of the claim? Did an uninsured driver hit you? Just seems a bit unusual to claim against your own insurance if you weren't at fault.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 15th December 2016, 17:12 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthropolyte View Post
That's ridiculous. It's their responsibility to check insurance records, not yours. If their database is showing that it was your fault, though, and you're saying otherwise, you may need proof.

What was the nature of the claim? Did an uninsured driver hit you? Just seems a bit unusual to claim against your own insurance if you weren't at fault.
Thanks for the reply.

Well the person who went into me admitted it was her fault to her insurance company. The car i was driving was my sister car. I got the policy i can drive any car with 3rd party. But the car been repaired and given back.

Cause recently i claiming injury claim to case has been re open. Which i thought it shouldny effect anything if i changing policy.

But i do find it ridiculous that i got contact the person to ask her to write a handwritten letter. I told brentarce tht she admitted it was her fault. But brentarce said they need handwritten letter to give enough evidence.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 22nd December 2016, 16:18
Supporter

Car: 2015 CTR FK2
Garage
i've no experience with this, but i'd expect the insurance companies to be able to resolve this themselves and not require your involvement.
Who was your insurers in august - I'd be speaking with them as my first port of call as they managed the incident, and get them to deal with your current insurers.

At the end of the day, you deal with an insurance company and NOT the other driver directly after details have been exchanged.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 22nd December 2016, 17:29
regrets his username

Car: 1.6 focus RS
Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,217 Posts
With my claim I was told if contacted by 3rd party or 3rd parties insurance then I'm not to talk to them, I know yours is resolved but they may say the same.
Surely everything is on record from your previous insurer & the new insurer should chase these up
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 22nd December 2016, 17:33
regrets his username

Oh & good luck with the injury claim, 3yrs have passed since my accident & it's only just being put forward
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 22nd December 2016, 18:31

Car: FN2 CTR
That doesn't seem right, so did you claim on your policy or your sisters? At most getting a letter of proof from either yours or your Sisters insurance company stating it was non-fault but not directly speaking to the lady at fault and having her write a letter that is out of order.

I had a similar issue with my insurance 3 years after having a non-fault accident. I had to speak with my then insurers and ask them to email a letter stating it was non-fault as for some reason the central database said I had an at-fault accident. (it was pretty painful to sort, a lot of chasing up and to-ing and fro-ing)

Best of luck mate.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 22nd December 2016, 21:38 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Thanks for all the replies guys. Much appreciated. Well first thing first its all be solved. I contacted the 3rd party insurance and they wrote an email to prove that the 3rd party was in fault of the accident as i was claiming off. So i didnt contact her directly which is bizzare to understand.
dweezle likes this.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 22nd December 2016, 22:51
regrets his username

Still annoying that you had to chase it up for them, it's getting worse with anything insurance related be it car or house
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 22nd December 2016, 23:16
Supporter

Car: honda civic type s gt red
Garage
Send a message via AIM to jaxckhan
insurance companies are the biggest scam artists around, they are quick to take your money,
scaramanga likes this.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 23rd December 2016, 08:44 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxckhan View Post
insurance companies are the biggest scam artists around, they are quick to take your money,

Absolutely!! Take ages to refund money back to.

Civinfo > All Civics > Insurance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page