• 1 Post By anfield786
  • 1 Post By veehexx

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 27th April 2017, 10:23 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2015 CTR FK2
Garage
courtesy car cover with FC+other cars

just rang my insurance (sky insurance) to confirm that my FC cover that covers for additional cars, also covers me for a courtesy car when mine is in for warranty work at the dealer.
they said no - hire/lease cars are not covered. Seems i'm only covered for privately owned vehicles.

is that correct, or is it possible there's been a mis-understanding?

How do you owners handle insurance with courtesy cars - pay the dealer fees or just not bother?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 27th April 2017, 10:49
Supporter

Car: 2009 Type R GT Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by veehexx View Post
just rang my insurance (sky insurance) to confirm that my FC cover that covers for additional cars, also covers me for a courtesy car when mine is in for warranty work at the dealer.
they said no - hire/lease cars are not covered. Seems i'm only covered for privately owned vehicles.

is that correct, or is it possible there's been a mis-understanding?

How do you owners handle insurance with courtesy cars - pay the dealer fees or just not bother?
When I've had courtesy cars from dealers I was always informed that I was covered under my own policy and never questioned it. Thinking about it now that only covers me 3rd party to drive any other car.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 27th April 2017, 11:11
Supporter

Car: 2009 EXGT auto, Audi TT 190
A few years ago, I seem to recollect there was no request to pay a fee for the Honda courtesy car but was for the Alfa Romeo car, which I did pay (could be mistaken though and paid to Honda as well). To be honest, never thought to ask my insurance if hired cars were covered, although any other owners' cars were covered third party any way. For a hire car I would'nt take the chance, but that's just me.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 27th April 2017, 12:00 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
from what i recall the dealer telling me the other day, they've changed insurance company with a stupid excess (they said upto £4k!) but it's now far more in our favour - no figures actually mentioned as he said if i have FC then it can be done under my insurance.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 27th April 2017, 12:32
Supporter

Car: 2009 EXGT auto, Audi TT 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by veehexx View Post
from what i recall the dealer telling me the other day, they've changed insurance company with a stupid excess (they said upto £4k!) but it's now far more in our favour - no figures actually mentioned as he said if i have FC then it can be done under my insurance.
In the event of an accident/ collision etc, If the person's F/C insurance specifies an excess, would I be correct in assuming that figure of money would fall on the shoulders of the person who had borrowed the car. Also, actually the only people I would listen to regarding what my policy did or did'nt cover would be the policy providers themselves.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 27th April 2017, 12:39
Supporter

Car: 2009 Type R GT Silver
If you're driving another vehicle under your fully comprehensive insurance then you're only covered 3rd party. In the event you're involved in an accident and you're at fault then your insurance will only cover repairs to the 3rd party vehicle and not the vehicle you're driving.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
cb550 likes this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 27th April 2017, 16:23 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb550 View Post
In the event of an accident/ collision etc, If the person's F/C insurance specifies an excess, would I be correct in assuming that figure of money would fall on the shoulders of the person who had borrowed the car. Also, actually the only people I would listen to regarding what my policy did or did'nt cover would be the policy providers themselves.
exactly, thats why i checked. surprise surprise, dealer wrong, not covered even TP.
afaik, i have resonably good FC T&C's with Sky. While it's the first time for me, courtesy cars seem fairly common so just curious as to how others handle it. evidently not FC covered or they dont bother.... or worse, uninsured without realising, if i didnt ring Sky to confirm.
cb550 likes this.

Civinfo > All Civics > Insurance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in