Insurers who hike premiums for non fault incidents - Civinfo
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kremmen

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 31st July 2017, 19:36 Thread Starter

Insurers who hike premiums for non fault incidents

Drivers hit by new insurance rip-off | Daily Mail Online

I am starting this thread to try and gather information of individual experiences and share knowledge.

It isnt really meant to be a discussion about risk profiling etc etc.

A umber of scenarios come to mind,,

You are involved in an incident in which the other party is to blame. The other partys insurers settle the claim.

You might not even have involved your insurers. You might have dealt direct with the other partys insurer. It might have been handled by an AMC or you might have settled privately with the third party and perhaps sent a notice to your insurers "for information only".

Either way, utlimately your insurer has incurred no cost. They may use the questionable argument of risk profiling etc.

It would be great if a list could be compiled of insurers who do not hike premiums in the circs detailed above.

People fear what they see as unfair hiking of premiums and it seems to me that this could lead to more "private" settlements, often due to higher risk drivers being the liable party and wanting to hide below the radar when if insurers encouraged openness and honesty, the causers of incidents would suffer hikes whilst the victims paid fairer premiums.

Input especially from those in the insurance industry would be good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 1st August 2017, 05:50
Administrator

Car: MY13 1.8 EX Auto
Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
I absolutely detest the claims that drivers are being hit with hikes after no fault accidents. This is the lowest of the low when you are 100% blameless.
Farqui likes this.

Civinfo > All Civics > Insurance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in