Honda 7 day Insurance - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 22nd March 2007, 14:51 Thread Starter

Honda 7 day Insurance

Quick question...is this free/standard or will I have to sort my own out before collecting car?

EDIT (Pottsy):

This page appears to be top of the list if you Google "Honda 7 day insurance".

If you are a Honda customer looking for 7 day car insurance, please click here:

https://www.hondacar7day.co.uk/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 22nd March 2007, 14:55
Supporter

Car: 2007 1.8 EX Red
you must ask for it in advance so that it can be arranged for the cover note to be sent to dealer in time to allow them to register the car.
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 22nd March 2007, 14:56
Supporter

Car: 2007 1.8 EX Red
It is free

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 22nd March 2007, 21:53

Just arranged mine today.

It is free. Honda will give you the number to call up and go through all the normal insurance questions. They'll send out a year quote at the same time.
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 23rd March 2007, 00:32
King of the rodeo

Send a message via MSN to czechplastik
It's free and handy, nice touch although i elected not to take advantage of the offer.
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 23rd March 2007, 02:04

I've had the 7day cover so that the dealer can tax the car, etc. I'll get cover for when I drive it but I won't be taking the Honda insurance as it was more than twice as much as my best quote.

With regard to the Honda insurance, the guy I dealt with was extremely pleasant and did them proud.

I found it rather amusing that when trying to get a quote for my Type R through the Honda website it wasn't listed 'coz it was too new. I'd had online quotes from loads of other companies.
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 27th April 2007, 09:56

Has anyone had a competitive quote from the company behind it? Got quoted 700 for a CDTI Sport That's nearly double what I paid for my previous car (410), which was group 20 insurance. Rang my current insurers (direct line) and got a 90 rebate for the remainder of the insurance term (about 9 months).
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 27th April 2007, 10:40
Supporter

Lets face it, the whole reason for this is to try and get you to take up insurance for the rest of the year.
The quote they gave me was VERY uncompetitive.

That said, it did allow me to pick up the car early when my own insurers were sorting things out.
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 27th April 2007, 10:47

I gave up after 30 minutes of trying to spell Honda and Civic to them over the phone....
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 27th April 2007, 11:16
Vivid Blue Rocks!!!

Car: Suzuki Swift Sport
I had a similar experience. Trying to get them to realise that a Type S existed was a job in itself.
And the quote was 200 more than my current price.
The only reason I done it was being able to get the insurance cover note sorted easily. Honda insurance emailed the cover note directly to the dealer.
I left my normal insurance covering the old car for a couple of days to ensure cover if the delivery of the Honda was delayed (not unknown )
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 27th April 2007, 11:25

I'm not even sure why I bothered doing it, I'd already sold my old car, and the next thing I did was ring the existing insurers to change the details. All it saved was a 5 minute walk to the dealer
post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 27th April 2007, 11:41
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Type S Bournemouth Send a message via MSN to Type S Bournemouth
honda insurance quoted me £700 when other companies were quoting £420. I just used the 7 day cover so dealer could tax the car etc.
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 27th April 2007, 17:27

Can't put my finger on the paperwork as yet, but the quote from Honda was the best and I took it.

"When painting the ceiling you should get at least as much paint on it as is in your hair!"

Charles H.
post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 27th April 2007, 17:58

Honda insurance quoted me 240 more than my current insurers (Esure). As others have said, the only advantage was getting the cover note e-mailed direct to the dealer to make sure things went smoothly for collection of the car. My friend declined the 7 day free cover and her own insurers (Tesco) didn't send the cover note to the dealer promptly so her collection was delayed. I learned from her mistake.
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 27th April 2007, 18:28
Banned

Honda 7 day insurance

Dealt with them as I had to collect my tax disc. The person who took the details was one of the best that I have had to deal with. We got a bit chatty and he told me that the firm was Zurich and they did this for Honda as it brought additional clients into the company. My premium with them was slightly less than my present company (Direct Line) but you had to pay the first 350 of each accident, whereas I now pay only 100.
post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old 27th April 2007, 19:06
Supporter

Have used the 7 day Honda courtesy cover on both my purchases. Very good, trouble free experience - though, the full annual quotes were much more expensive than that provided by my current insurer (Direct Line).
post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old 27th April 2007, 23:37

I used Honda's 7 day insurance but only to get my personal reg changed! It was a nightmare trying to explain the details, but very useful!
The quote for 12 months was way to high £340ish!!! I have been qouted a lot less, over £100 less!!!
post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old 12th July 2007, 16:18

Insurance Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles_Harding View Post
Can't put my finger on the paperwork as yet, but the quote from Honda was the best and I took it!
Charles H.
Insurance update:

I must be living in a dream world here at Harding Towers.

Another company has written to me offering better cover insurance for £111 cheaper!

Millie is moving!

"Women, can't live with them, can't bury them in the back garden without the neighbours seeing!"

Charles H.
post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old 12th July 2007, 17:29
Harris Tweed

Interesting this.

I took the 7-day thing so that my new spaceship could be taxed, etc. by the dealer. Like others here I was very impressed with the quality of the person who dealt with things. Of course they sent through a 12-month quote too (I would have, wouldn't you!?) and the price was a few pounds cheaper than the next best quote from More Than, who my wife uses.

What is worth noting is that I have never, in 35 years+ driving had my own insurance before having always driven on company policies. This makes it quite a lark (or a head banging exercise, depending on your mood) when seeking out insurance. People like ESure, Direct line, Churchill, etc. either won't insure you at all or want to charge large amounts; 500-600. In fainess to both More Than and Zurich offered discounts to bring the fees down to half that, in effect a psuedo no-claims of 60%.

In the end I went with More Than this time round but will certainly get a quote from Zurich next year.

Anthony.
post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old 12th July 2007, 17:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
Interesting this.

What is worth noting is that I have never, in 35 years+ driving had my own insurance before having always driven on company policies. This makes it quite a lark (or a head banging exercise, depending on your mood) when seeking out insurance.
I was in this position also. Provided that you are still on good terms with your previous employer, ask the Human Remains dept to write you a letter stating that you have had no accidents in X years. Insurance companies will honour this as proof of no claims (at least they did for me).

Civinfo > All Civics > Insurance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page