Flux Direct - Really that bad? - Civinfo
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By anthropolyte

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 22nd October 2011, 20:35 Thread Starter

Flux Direct - Really that bad?

My renewal on my 2.2 EX is over £1200 with Admiral

Upon a confused search Flux Direct were the cheapest at just under £850, with others coming in at around £1200 and above

However really bad reviews online are making my face go :-/

21 year old, 3 years driving, 3 yours NCB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 22nd October 2011, 22:04
Supporter

Car: 2006 1.8 EX, Black
Jeez that's a lot! I've had no experience of Flux as they quoted me something ridiculous ages ago and still pester me to buy from them. My advice would be read into exactly what you get before you make a decision. One of the main reasons I sold my last car was the massive jump in cost of insurance. Comparison sites are good but don't pass on calling the companies up direct as you could still save money.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 22nd October 2011, 22:07
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Car: 2.2 Type S GT
They were the cheapest for my modded ST170 before I got my civic, never had an issue but then I never had to claim.

Their monthly payment interest is insanely high though!

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 22nd October 2011, 22:08
Supporter

Car: 2006 1.8 5 Door Royal Blue!
ADMIRAL quoted me the best price and I like to be with a company who are good insurers and will actually pay out should anything happen (touch wood) only better insurers I know of are the National Farmers Union!"
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 28th October 2011, 13:01
Supporter

Car: White '59' Mazda 3 MPS
im with admiral, renewal is next month have a quote (which i will be going with) for £866 on a 2.2 Sport 5dr 2007 (56)

Been with admiral now since very bad experience with quinn direct when i passed my test. Can't really fault them so far...

Im 19 with 1 claim and 1 years NCB, your prices do sound high :S putting my parents as named drivers did help bring my premium down, but it is my name as main driver on the policy.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 28th October 2011, 13:26
Supporter

Car: Ford Focus Titanium 100
I,ve been with Aviva for two years I don't know what the are like if you have a claim, premiium was very good under £400 PROTECTED for my Type S GT 2.2 ctdi am over 50 with no 10 YEARS NO CLAIMS
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 29th October 2011, 19:17
Supporter

Car: 2007 2.2 ex NHB
im with aviva, really are a good company, got civic just before i renewed my policy.

quote for 2003 206 sw quiksilver 2.0 hdi -£450
Quote for 2007 civic 2.2 ex - £350

24, driving 7 years, 4 yrs ncb, had an accident in 2007 which will be gone in january..

the accident wasnt my fault and i was with bell insurance (part of admiral) trust me, they are a joke, stay away!!!! btw it ended up going 50/50

had an accident last summer, guy done a u-turn out a layby right infront of me on an A road, i had the choice of hitting him or traffic coming head on, so i aimed for him!

i got an admission in writing from him and a text with all his insurance details.

he never told his insurance and they never answered any letters from aviva. after 6 weeks they got legal team on it, were taking other company to court, then they admitted full liability,

when they asked the damage on my golf and i told them the lh headlamp bracket was loose they said it was unsafe to drive and has a brand spanking new bmw 120d m- sport delivered to my work within 3 hours

i really cant fault aviva!

Last edited by pedy; 29th October 2011 at 19:20.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 14th December 2016, 19:23

company,flux direct, realised a mistake of mine ,instead of offering me new premium they cancelled it straight away..they offer the cheapest prices for a reason
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 14th December 2016, 20:44
Supporter

Car: 2008 Type R FN2, NHB
Wow. That is one deeply impressive thread resurrection.
Jon_G and Stamford78 like this.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 22nd December 2016, 10:22

Garage
im with first central insurance for two years running now - it was cheapest out of all via comparison website both confused & compare the market.
renewed insurance in july @ 23 / 6 years dirving 3 yrs no claims - £70p/m... which is alot tbh but I was quoted originaly 47£p/m from them before brexit however, i thought id wait untill my insurance is up then search again. at the time brexit happened... and the insurance prices soared up when i searched again. ridiculous
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 26th February 2018, 15:26

Flux direct- stay away from these scammers!!

Took out an insurance policy for monthly payment. 7 days later got an email stating the policy has been cancelled (there were NO further instructions with the email, apart for me to seek insurance elsewhere). Was charged £178 at the date of signing up, the balance not refunded. I was then charged a further £225 on month two. When I called and asked about this issue I was told the £178 was to setup my account, then the £225 was because of early cancellation and I have to pay a further £1000??!?

It was Flux Direct who cancelled my insurance policy (as their lender who fronts the year's policy cost said my credit wasn't good enough).

AVOID AVOID AVOID these scammers!!! Reported to FOS
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 1st March 2018, 22:03
Supporter

Car: 2008 1.8 GT Type S
Quote:
Originally Posted by milisuri View Post
Took out an insurance policy for monthly payment. 7 days later got an email stating the policy has been cancelled (there were NO further instructions with the email, apart for me to seek insurance elsewhere). Was charged £178 at the date of signing up, the balance not refunded. I was then charged a further £225 on month two. When I called and asked about this issue I was told the £178 was to setup my account, then the £225 was because of early cancellation and I have to pay a further £1000??!?

It was Flux Direct who cancelled my insurance policy (as their lender who fronts the year's policy cost said my credit wasn't good enough).

AVOID AVOID AVOID these scammers!!! Reported to FOS
Take it up with the Insurance Ombudsman. I doubt any of the charges are legal.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 1st March 2018, 22:29
Supporter

Car: 2015 white orchid 1.6 dtec
Quote:
Originally Posted by total_k-os View Post
im with admiral, renewal is next month have a quote (which i will be going with) for £866 on a 2.2 Sport 5dr 2007 (56)

Been with admiral now since very bad experience with quinn direct when i passed my test. Can't really fault them so far...

Im 19 with 1 claim and 1 years NCB, your prices do sound high :S putting my parents as named drivers did help bring my premium down, but it is my name as main driver on the policy.
i had a poor relationship years ago with admiral
and a even worse 1 with my son a last year first car and had to have black box fitted they tried to cancel insurance
threatend to cancel if his driving didnt improve which i was surprised about as he didnt drive much and is pritty good driver
so i used car for 2 weeks while he was away drove like a old granny hardly braking rolling up to junctions and pulling away very smooth
when they contacted and said they would cancel at end of month i challanged them and contacted the insurance ombudsman who replied very quickly and wanted to take the case on as they had many complaints very similar regarding admiral and searching forums i found plenty of evidense
admiral are not a trustworthy insurance company
all worked out ok as they decided they would honour the policy
needless to say i didnt renew my sons policy with them
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 15th March 2018, 13:56

Give A-Plan a shout and mention TMS Motorsport for a good deal

Click me to go to A-plan

Tim 'Moff' Nicholas @ TMS Motorsport
Email us : [email protected]

WhatsApp us for fast response : +447979127236
TMS Motorsport - HKS TUNING PARTS - BUY ONLINE

- We ship worldwide to your door -

- Currently Breaking for parts - Honda S2000 - Ford Focus ST -

Civinfo > All Civics > Insurance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page