Insurance renewal. - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 5th March 2012, 16:47 Thread Starter
Banned

Car: 2008 2.2 NHB Type S GT
Insurance renewal.

I have just received it, and it's an absurd 3.8k - well they can go screw themselves. I've had more than enough with Churchill. I'd been with them for four years - never had a crash. Collectively in the last 11 months, I've been involved in two, and had my car crashed into an additional two times whilst parked - so not a good year.

3 of them are insurance claims (all non-fault). Now when entering details in Confused.com, it asks you about any accidents that have gone through your insurance, whether it be your fault or not. It then asks you how much these incidents caused the insurance companies.. is this approximately how much? Is there a limit? I think the first one was only around 300 +plus damage to the offenders car, the second was a write-off, and I know that was 7.4k to pay me off, do I also include the damage to his car? What about Whiplash? Do I bung that on there as-well?

Do these need to be extremely accurate? Because when my next crash happens (and believe me, it will), I don't want the insurance company to turn round and so "Oh, hang on there Mr Petrie. There's a discrepancy of 10 in the reports for you previous accidents. We wouldn't have insured you had you told us that, unfortunately you're not covered, have a nice day!"

Last edited by Jpetrie; 5th March 2012 at 17:07.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 5th March 2012, 16:53
Supporter

Car: 2008 2.2 SE Blueish Silver
3800 - that's just plain stupid!
Did you have protected NCB?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 5th March 2012, 17:04
...............Daedalus

Car: CW Type R No. 460
I just guessed when I put that info in. Guess you could phone up your insurers and ask though.

Protected NCB only protects you for up to 2 accidents a year I believe.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 5th March 2012, 17:06 Thread Starter
Banned
** Thread starter **

Car: 2008 2.2 NHB Type S GT
They're all non-fault claims, sorry. Will edit OP
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 5th March 2012, 18:49
Supporter

Car: 08 Type R GT
protection varies on the policy.. i get three write offs in 2 years... as to confused etc if you dont know the amounts leave blank
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 5th March 2012, 19:22
Muscles From Brussels

Car: 2007 1.8 CTS Nighthawk
What i did was entered it all in and got a quote without declaring claims (claims were a named driver on my policy not me) and then called up to make sure it wouldnt make a difference as its a non fault claim have a crack at that mate and let me know i think youll be pleased!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 6th March 2012, 06:36
Administrator

Car: MY13 1.8 EX Auto
Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
Churchill and Direct Line are part of the RBS group and they are going through a rough patch and losing money. They have offered the insurance arm for sale but there are no takers.

I'm expecting my next quote to be somewhat higher than last year (due to them not taking me off their auto renewal system, as I've requested many times) and as yourself I will not be bargaining with them this year but moving elsewhere. For the last 3 years my initial quote has been circa 66% to 75% higher than the previous year. A quick phone call drops it back but I've had enough.
I moved my house and contents insurance in January due to the same 66% initial quote rise and DL were quick enough to send me an ex customer questionnaire to find out why.

Currently my best quote with a Which? recommended provider is LV who are quoting me 100 less than last year with DL.

Civinfo > All Civics > Insurance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page