Who's taken out GAP from Click4GAP - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 19th September 2007, 00:33 Thread Starter

Who's taken out GAP from Click4GAP

Interested in Return to Invoice (RTI) GAP.
Had a look at their site, but they say not to put dealer options in the total value of car. IMO, this sort of defeats the purpose of RTI GAP if you can't insure the full amount of what you paid for on the invoice.

Did anyone include the dealer options anyway?
Or another company that allows you to include them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 19th September 2007, 14:25
Supporter

I used click4 gap, but I didn't have any options.
I'm surprised that the options, if included on the invoice, are not included. Otherwise what use is "return to invoice"!
I guess the options are only a small percentage of the total, so if the worst happened and a claim had to be made you would only be out by a small amount.

Terry
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 19th September 2007, 14:32
Supporter

I found Click4gap to be slightly more expensive than some other competitors (use google) who come in at £130, but alot cheaper than Honda's offering of £300 :O.

I will be purchasing GAP insurance in the comming weeks, after I've picked up my car

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 19th September 2007, 16:16
><((('> o O

What the hell is GAP?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 19th September 2007, 16:22 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Had a look at Honda's GAP and that also doesn't offer cover for dealer options. Is this the norm with RTI GAPs?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 19th September 2007, 16:25

Gap is an extra insurance policy to cover any loss between the cost of your vehicle and any money paid out by your normal insurer.

This should have been explained to you by your stealer when you bought your car.

Basically with an RTI policy, if you had an accident and your insurance pays out 13000 and your car cost you 16000, GAP will pay the difference and in some cases pay the excess as well, so you get back your full invoice price.

Remember your insurance doesnt always pay market price on your car, so wont always cover any finance due.

This is where GAP insurance is very handy, I have had to use it twice now.
So glad I did.

Click 4 Gap offer 3 different types, however Return To Invoice (RTI) is the most common.

As stated though, not all cover optional extras on your car, some do, but obviously slightly more expensive.

I took a gap policy with FIAT (When I had one), and that covered everything. That was underwritten by Pinnacle, (The policy cost me 350), so Honda really isnt too bad.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 19th September 2007, 23:38
><((('> o O

Ah, ok.
Not a bad idea that!
Being a company car though, if i wrap it round a tree i just get a 250 excess bill and a telling off by the boss! I love my job!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 20th September 2007, 00:36
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS

Car: DS3
your options should be on the invoice mine were today
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 20th September 2007, 01:44 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Yes, but both Click4GAP and Honda have clauses that say they do not cover dealer options.

The site you've given me elsewhere (shortfallcover) does not say this. Well, what I've seen so far from a quick look. Need to dig deeper. If it turns out they do offer full invoice cover, it's a good deal for 130 (3 years & max 10k).
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 25th September 2007, 00:06
Supporter

i would love to take out insurance from click4gap, as obviously it will be supporting this site, but they are higher than anyone else.

Alot of the GAP quotes (Search google) all come in at &#163;130 for 3 years, maximum of &#163;10,000 whereas Click4Gap comes in at &#163;161 for 3 years and is only for upto &#163;5,000.

My question is, can Click4Gap match the &#163;130 for &#163;10k, 3 years like the competitors?? Special deal for civinfo members perhaps?
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 28th September 2007, 01:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by prawncracker View Post
Yes, but both Click4GAP and Honda have clauses that say they do not cover dealer options.

The site you've given me elsewhere (shortfallcover) does not say this. Well, what I've seen so far from a quick look. Need to dig deeper. If it turns out they do offer full invoice cover, it's a good deal for 130 (3 years & max 10k).
Take a look at the Shortfallcover.co.uk policy terms and conditions.

Right near the top under "Definitions", it clearly defines the insured vehicle as:
"Insured Vehicle: The vehicle, ..., specified on the Schedule ..., having a maximum purchase price (including factory fitted accessories but not dealer fitted accessories) not exceeding 125,000 ...."
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeg9 View Post
i would love to take out insurance from click4gap, as obviously it will be supporting this site, but they are higher than anyone else.

Alot of the GAP quotes (Search google) all come in at 130 for 3 years, maximum of 10,000 whereas Click4Gap comes in at 161 for 3 years and is only for upto 5,000.

My question is, can Click4Gap match the 130 for 10k, 3 years like the competitors?? Special deal for civinfo members perhaps?
We (SurfandProtect.com) do cover manufacturer endorsed (i.e. they must appear in the genuine accessories/options price list) dealer fitted accessories with our GAP Insurance policies.

We have AXA Insurance (UK) plc as the policy underwriter - which is obviously not a small largely unheard of insurer... they are of course arguably one of the most widely recognised insurers .

We have a price promise that guarantees our prices are the lowest available in the UK . Simply hit "I've been quoted less" after you've generated your quote (that is of course if you have been) and after inputting your lowest quote details, our system will automatically, in almost all cases, reduce our price immediately to be lower than your best quote so far .

And CivInfo.com get paid commission if you click our banners/links on this site (sample below), and then subsequently purchase from us .

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 28th September 2007, 11:13
Supporter

Surf and Protect, I have been and bought my GAP with you, as you did beat my cheapest online quote by &#163;5 (which is alot to after buying a new car!).

Honda are underwritten by what seems to be a company I have never heard of, I've actually been to AXA's offices, and had thier healthcare cover in the past, so I know they exist!

The Honda GAP man said they're GAP was bells and whistles, and that I'd get what I pay for, saying their GAP was better than anything on the internet, and was better because it was more expensive!

Let's hope he was wrong

I also clicked on the banner

Hopefully I will never have to make a claim, but I am glad for the 'human touch' by you being registered here, it has lead to at least one sale today.

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 28th September 2007, 12:04

Quote:
Surf and Protect, I have been and bought my GAP with you, as you did beat my cheapest online quote by 5 (which is alot to after buying a new car!).
We're very glad to be of assistance and of course, your business is both welcomed and appreciated.

Quote:
Honda are underwritten by what seems to be a company I have never heard of, I've actually been to AXA's offices, and had thier healthcare cover in the past, so I know they exist!
According to the Honda website. Their GAP Insurance policy is underwritten by London General Insurance Company Limited.

They're a rather large insurer themselves...

Their AM Best rating is:

Rating: A- (Excellent)
Financial Size Category: VIII ($100 Million to $250 Million)

But AXA appear to have the edge when it comes to financial "weight":

Rating: A- pd (Excellent)
Financial Size Category: XV ($2 Billion or greater)

Try finding a rating for any/all of the underwriters used by our competitors - E.g. Hitachi Capital, Haven*, Red Sands* (and their parent company Hollard), and I G I.

* - Underwriters in Gibraltar.

Quote:
The Honda GAP man said they're GAP was bells and whistles, and that I'd get what I pay for, saying their GAP was better than anything on the internet, and was better because it was more expensive!

Let's hope he was wrong
I've reviewed the policy summary document on the Honda Website (see link above) and the only difference I can see between ours and their policy is that their policy will pay up to 250 towards your motor insurance excess. Regrettably our AXA policy does not.

Apart from this, the Honda policy appears to be (granted the document on the Honda website is not the full policy wordings) very comparable apart from some additional vehicle type restrictions they impose and of course the lack of cover for dealer fitted accessories.

Quote:
I also clicked on the banner
I've checked your purchase details and can confirm that the sale has been allocated against CivInfo.com.

Civinfo > All Civics > Insurance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page