Asked to pay for insurance for a faulty car! - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 18th November 2007, 23:32 Thread Starter

Asked to pay for insurance for a faulty car!

I took my new Civic back to the dealer to have a knocking noise at the front sorted out. I had had the car one week at that time; the knocking started after 2 days.

The service man rang my insurance company as I'm covered for 3rd party etc. on a courtesy car and Honda insist on comprehensive cover for their courtesy cars. My insurers told the guy it would cost 10-15 to get comp. cover. He told me I could pay that or take Honda's cover for 10!!

He seemed surprised when I told him I had no intention of paying for insurance when I was having to take another car because of a fault on my brand new one and that I had already rung to tell them so when I got the letter confirming my car was booked in. Has anyone else come across this? I think it's outrageous.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 18th November 2007, 23:43
Supporter

Go for it chickenlegs, I have never paid for a courtesy car, or its insurance or even signed a form stating that I would be in for paying £250 or whatever towards an accident, in all the years that I have owned Honda's.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 19th November 2007, 08:47
Supporter

Car: Mazda MX-5 (lightly modded)
Thanked 1,546 Times in 1,415 Posts

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 19th November 2007, 10:46

Yeah, I feel you chickenlegs... lol.

I had a problem with Ford on this very issue, and it came to a head when the service guy said we can't keep paying the insurance every time your car comes in. This was a brand new car that has been in the garage ten times in as many months from new! I'm afraid I totally lost it with him in the middle of the showroom .

Needless to say after that little scene the word 'insurance' has not been mentioned again in my presence .

Civinfo > All Civics > Insurance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page