2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Hello from Alfreton, Derbyshire 2.2 FN2 5Door i-CTDI

929 views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Mr JP 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, the names Matt, been lurking for a few days gathering knowledge about the FN2 and the compatibility of body parts between the 3 and 5 doors.

Looking forward to getting some tasty mods put onto the civic over the course of this winter ready for Japfest in Spring.

I used to own an EJ6 coupe which was my pride and joy for three years until i blew the engine by starving it of oil :(

I then picked up 9 points over a year and could no longer afford to insure the civic with mods declared (the LEGAL way) so reluctantly sold her off :(

Now, having just killed my MG ZS 110+ (K Series Horseplop engine) I've gone for the 2.2 i-CTDI SE model and i love it!

I shall get a build thread going soon when i get the time, just fitted my Team Heko wind deflectors although the rear ones aren't fixed in so the rear windows can't be opened just yet...

Plans are to swap out the perspex grille and drop her on some coilovers. Trying to keep the OEM look with a touch of JDM added :)

Anyone with advice or any parts they may think I'll find useful then please shout up and make me aware!

Cheers, Matt (ps. how do i post photo's?)

See less See more
#4 ·
Jack it was your thread i was lurking in mainly :D saw the grille and now i've just bought one from here http://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/genuine- ... p-547.html

The chrome surround will be carbon wrapped as will all my plastics :)

Got the winter to save up for some alloys, i like the type R alloys, have been told i want Rage alloys but the 19inch puts me off a little bit, 18 inch max with a nice drop will look much better imo even maybe 17inch???

#9 ·
thanks everyone, wanner those fog covers, do i have to have fogs to fit them lol?

I have been looking into whether i buy some fogs or the mugen air intakes instead not sure yet maybe get some of the members opinions before i go mental with choices :)

#12 ·
Xa4cornelis, i've just got through your thread (most of it) and noticed that you'd put the GP kit on... did you have any problems with the rear on your 5door as that kit is for a 3 door is it not? I read on another site that to change the rear u need to change the side skirts and everything :( Also did your parts arrive ready painted to match your car?

#13 ·
:hello2: & :welcome4: to :civinfo: mate:thumbsup:

Reactions: PradaFK3
#17 ·
Thanks pal, i notice you do fog light covers, do these fit car's with no foglights on a standard 2.2 SE bumper? Something to give the foglight effect until i can afford to buy the mugen air intakes?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.