Future French Civic Rider !!! - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 29th January 2008, 12:07 Thread Starter

Cool Future French Civic Rider !!!

Hi all you devoted members !!!

I discovered this community recently and am proud to inform you guys that i am impatiently waiting for my brand new Civic 2,2 i-CTDI sport model Black color and shall be delivered at latest on the 15th Feb.
I am French living real close to Paris.
For the time being, i am instructing myself with all your comments & tips about this eye-catching car and pretty excited about all this !!!
See you soon after some test riding.

Philippe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 29th January 2008, 13:54
Wine and cooking !

Car: 2008, Grey Mica 1.5 Materia
Smile Bienvenue !

Welcome !

Another French civic driver !
I was feeling lonesome in this community Even the Greek have a special sub forum for them.

Use the wiki section, the search button as much as you can to learn most of the things you can dream about your future spaceship. Don't forget to give your feelings about your dealer (in the Wiki section) once you've got your spaceship. Mine spend at least one hour with me to check the car and to explain me all the bits and pieces of it.
And after having driven your new ride for some times don't forget to fulfill the various surveys.

If you need specific answer to your questions, do not hesitate to create new threads, there are always lot of people ready to help !

You will see this place is the place to be if you like or if you have trouble with your car
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 29th January 2008, 17:30
FWH
Administrator

Car: MX-5, C6 Vette & MB S212
Thanked 1,029 Times in 772 Posts
Welcome!

You ordered the fastest colour!

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 29th January 2008, 19:51
Supporter

I agree, NHB is THE BEST COLOUR!!!!
Welcome from Cheshire, UK
Bet you cannot wait
you will ENJOY!!!
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 29th January 2008, 20:57 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by St Thomas View Post
I agree, NHB is THE BEST COLOUR!!!!
Welcome from Cheshire, UK
Bet you cannot wait
you will ENJOY!!!

You said it !!! this is getting hard .... but one day .... that 'll be one finest DAY, i'll keep in touch.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 30th January 2008, 07:17 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by l-noel View Post
Welcome !

Another French civic driver !
I was feeling lonesome in this community Even the Greek have a special sub forum for them.

Use the wiki section, the search button as much as you can to learn most of the things you can dream about your future spaceship. Don't forget to give your feelings about your dealer (in the Wiki section) once you've got your spaceship. Mine spend at least one hour with me to check the car and to explain me all the bits and pieces of it.
And after having driven your new ride for some times don't forget to fulfill the various surveys.

If you need specific answer to your questions, do not hesitate to create new threads, there are always lot of people ready to help !

You will see this place is the place to be if you like or if you have trouble with your car
Hello I-Noel !
Nice to hear from you, I fell on your quote regarding some windscreen problem ? Did you manage to fix the problem ? I'm kind of wondering if i am intitled to the same problem for my futur Civic manifactured during late 2007 and would love to know as a french driver is cars sold in France are submitted to the same rattles and queeks as our dear English customers ???
Hope to hear from you ..... Hav'nt yet recieved my new car and already worried !!!
Philippe
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 30th January 2008, 08:29
Wine and cooking !

Hello Philippe,

The rattles with the windscreen have been fixed during the first service. No other problems have appeared up to now. I'm sure that Honda as implemented the modification in the manufacturing lane as soon they have identified the problem. So you will surely have a better car than the early buyer have received. And because our roads system is far more better than the one they have in the UK our cars are less solicited
Another point is the "hard riding comfort" that some of the drivers regrets. In my own opinion, I like it, but if you think it's too hard go for the 16" wheels.

If you have any other question, go for it
And before going to pick up your car don't forget to print the delivery check list from the wiki, it's very usefull.

By the way where did you buy your car from ?
When I visited the Mondial motoshow in paris in october 2006 I've been in contact with people from Japauto. They where very agressive on the comercial side (they said they where able to deliver me a 2.2 Ex in milano red in less than 2 month )

Last edited by l-noel; 31st January 2008 at 07:49.
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 30th January 2008, 09:39 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Thanks for your lightning fast respond !
I bought my Car at Boulogne Billancourt (92) and was in relation with Olivier VIVIEN. They had more stock left in there store department and made special offers, i negociated my 2,2 i-CTDI Sport CIVIC for 21300 Euro instead of 24000 Euro so i jumped into it ! i orderd hand made light brown leather wich take a week for preperation, if not i could have had it in less than tree days because stock left and 0 km. I think it's a pretty good deal, what do you think about it ???
Know of other complaints, i'm not worried about stiff suspensions, i rather prefere that then the too soft ones.
Where did you get your beauty ? when ?
Cheers - Philippe
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 30th January 2008, 10:14 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Oh, by the way I-Noel, .... where do you get this delivery check list ? I tried serching at wiki without sucess ! That would be very usefull for my first purchase.
Thanks again.
Philippe
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 30th January 2008, 18:18
Wine and cooking !

have a look here New car chec - Civinfo Wiki for the check list before delivery.

Your deal is good, maybe the best I've heard about in France. Usually we can get about 4 to 5% maximum 7%... you reach 11,25% ! Congratulation, you've got a real good deal !

I've ordered a 2.2 i-ctdi EXECUTIVE in Milano red at TLA Honda St Etienne (best dealer i've met) in October 2006 for a delivery date planned end of December 2006. At end of December my dealer had the info that Milano red cars would not be available before April/May, so he propose to swich for a Champagne one, same model... and I say yes !
So my car is one year old, 36500 km at the clock, 6.5 l/100 km ....
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 30th January 2008, 18:56 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
have a look here New car chec - Civinfo Wiki for the check list before delivery.

Your deal is good, maybe the best I've heard about in France. Usually we can get about 4 to 5% maximum 7%... you reach 11,25% ! Congratulation, you've got a real good deal !

I've ordered a 2.2 i-ctdi EXECUTIVE in Milano red at TLA Honda St Etienne (best dealer i've met) in October 2006 for a delivery date planned end of December 2006. At end of December my dealer had the info that Milano red cars would not be available before April/May, so he propose to swich for a Champagne one, same model... and I say yes !
So my car is one year old, 36500 km at the clock, 6.5 l/100 km ....
Yes, i'm really greatful of having such a price !!! In fact, i got 12% exactly and guess what !? my car is going to mecanical preperation tomorrow thursday and the mecanic guy said it was a 2008 year model and have fixed the problem of windsheel queeks, rear shock making noise and other little bugs, so maybe the 2008 is quite matured although i think the car might have some more tips to do but any way it should be a good base.
Secondly, on friday, the leather man is comming for installing hand made leather witch ofcorse is an extra option of 1700 euro but you get the color you want and also the thread stitching color that i chose to be in black, to go with the night hawk blac of the car. Logicaly ready for this comming wensday !!! Should be really looking like a black beauty !! I'll be sending some pics asap God willing !!!!
Cheers for now and make me know if you come around in Paris some time !?
Philippe
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 30th January 2008, 20:58
Supporter

Car: 2012 1.8i Ex Navi Leather MR
HI Philippe!

Welcome to the forum.
Great choice of car, you made a very good deal.
I envy you the handmade leather seats.
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 30th January 2008, 21:28 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by amronno View Post
HI Philippe!

Welcome to the forum.
Great choice of car, you made a very good deal.
I envy you the handmade leather seats.
Thanks Amronno !
Your Civic looks like a beauty if i believe the picture !! VTEC engine ?? that would take high revs & beautifull sound compared with diesel. Good choice too.
We'll keep in touch.
Cheer's.
Philippe
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 30th January 2008, 21:37
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by philippeclement View Post
Thanks Amronno !
Your Civic looks like a beauty if i believe the picture !! VTEC engine ?? that would take high revs & beautifull sound compared with diesel. Good choice too.
We'll keep in touch.
Cheer's.
Philippe

Thanks Philippe!

Yes it is an 1.8i-vtec.
I love the sound of it.
But the diesel is great too, although I prefer the petrol.
And - You can remap your diesel, I cannot.

Cheers Arne.
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 30th January 2008, 22:08 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

What year is you car ? Had you any defects declared that has been repaired ?
Some seem to have had a little servicing and inspection due to some early models.
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 31st January 2008, 01:33
Supporter

Quote:
What year is you car ? Had you any defects declared that has been repaired ?
Some seem to have had a little servicing and inspection due to some early models.

My car is a 2007 mod. I picked it up at the dealer on the 31st of May.
I have not had any issues at all apart from the tailgate which is too hard to close. I have to slam the hatc by force in order to get it closed properly. Will get it sorted at the first service in May. Have now done 12.200 km's in exactly 8 monts, so I still get almost 8.000 km left in the remaining 8 months before service, so that will be more than enough.

Oh almost forgot, one more thing, I guess you have heard about the infamous fuel filler cap which would not opens. (You know, the aluminium lookalike outer lid, not the inner cap) It was a tragicomic fault on the early models, (mainly '06 and part of 07 production too) But it is sorted now (atleast I think so)
Well, somethimes there has been some fumbling to open mine too, but so far it has opened every time. (Will be changed under warranty together with the boot lid.)

Also, for the diesel versions there has been some battery drain problems from what I have read on here. Don't know if that is sorted. Ask your dealer about this. ( or perhaps l-noel knows as he has a diesel himself.)

So don't worry. You have bought yourself a great car done with (hopefully) all the teething troubles.

In the user review thread you can red about other members experiences and evaluations of the various civic's. You will find very useful info there and also in the wiki section. Good luck.

Cheers A!

Last edited by amronno; 31st January 2008 at 01:38.
post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 31st January 2008, 10:13 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Hi again,
As you invited me to ask you question and having a diesel like i will too, did you have any battry problems ? It seems to be frequently noticed on diesel engines. What is your personal expirience about your battry.
Have a nice and wonderfull sunny day !
Philippe
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 31st January 2008, 14:16
Supporter

Quote:
Hi again,
As you invited me to ask you question and having a diesel like i will too, did you have any battry problems ? It seems to be frequently noticed on diesel engines. What is your personal expirience about your battry.
Have a nice and wonderfull sunny day !
Philippe

No, I have not had any battery drain issues at all.
For some reason, this has been a diesel version related problem only.
And, from what I have read on here - it has been very hard to find the source to the problem. There has been given some advices about always remember to set the window wiper function inn off - position for those with rain sensors, but I don't think it has helped. And - then it should have been the same with the petrol cars too, in my opinion.

Here are just some of many threads about the subject;
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/bugs-fa...ery-again.html
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/bugs-fa...t-battery.html
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/electro...ttery-bad.html

Cheers A!
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 31st January 2008, 16:07
Wine and cooking !

Hello Philippe,

I've never had battery problem, even when I let my car for more than three days.

look at the quality survey results here http://www.civinfo.com/forum/survey....results&sid=28

It will give you a good feeling about what are the real potential problems you can have with your car. And once you've driven for sometimes fill it in your datas

Cheers Laurent
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 31st January 2008, 16:23
Supporter

Quote:
Hello Philippe,

I've never had battery problem, even when I let my car for more than three days.

look at the quality survey results here http://www.civinfo.com/forum/survey....results&sid=28

It will give you a good feeling about what are the real potential problems you can have with your car. And once you've driven for sometimes fill it in your datas

Cheers Laurent

Thanks l-noel.
I forgot to mention that I think most of you diesel drivers never had any battery drain issues.

Civinfo > Welcome > Introduce yourself

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page