My new NHB 1.4 Civic - Civinfo
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 1st October 2008, 15:22 Thread Starter
Supporter
 
Aftab's Avatar
 
Car: 2011 1.4 Blue
Join Date: 5th September 2008
Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire ENGLAND
Posts: 14
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
iTrader: (0)
My new NHB 1.4 Civic

Hi guys,

I joined the forum early last month and I must say there’s pretty useful content on this place. I bought my new (1.4) Civic 2 weeks ago and I’ve been driving it around all over... averaging 41 mpg. I was going to go for the 1.8 SE but since I’m a 21 y/o student the 1.4 was the better choice. I've added a few extras – Aluminium pedals and the Chrome exhausts (that look hole-punched!). The car is excellent, the steering wheel is very light and it just looks like a spaceship inside-out. I had right a laugh with my friends at the university, when one of them opened the front door, looking to pull the front seat forward so that he could get in the back (LOL).


As a drawback, It’s sluggish speedwise, but otherwise a brilliant car overall. I do miss the alloys on this car and the genuine 16” Honda Alloys from the dealers were a rip off! So hopefully I’ll shortly get some decent ones from elsewhere.

Regards,
Aftab
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18092008241-PRIVATE.jpg (94.0 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg 20092008264-PRIVATE.jpg (47.5 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg 20092008253-Private.jpg (65.8 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg 20092008255.jpg (106.8 KB, 75 views)

Last edited by Aftab; 1st October 2008 at 15:25.
Aftab is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 1st October 2008, 15:28
Supporter
 
NoNumpty's Avatar
 
Car: 2008 2.2 i-CTDi ES NHB
Join Date: 20th May 2008
Location: Cheshire UK GB
Posts: 4,106
Thanks: 59
Thanked 347 Times in 331 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Welcome

oooooo... you have such a nice car, and it's the best colour as well

Enjoy
NoNumpty is offline  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 1st October 2008, 15:33
 
Join Date: 10th August 2007
Posts: 10,247
Thanks: 77
Thanked 412 Times in 391 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Hello & Welcome to the forum!

You'll find plenty of information on here and in the Wiki section too.

Ask any questions you like, we are a friendly bunch and here to help!

Like your car, a fellow 1.4 owner.

Enjoy!!
Wheelchair is offline  
 
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 1st October 2008, 17:52
Administrator
 
Dimplyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: 24th August 2007
Location: Staffordshire, Cheshire & Shropshire ENGLAND
Posts: 24,216
Thanks: 229
Thanked 1,835 Times in 1,604 Posts
iTrader: (15)
Hi and welcome to civinfo.

Keep an eye on the For Sale and Wanted section as wheels frequently come up for sale in there.
Dimplyred is offline  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 1st October 2008, 17:57
Administrator
 
Dimplyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: 24th August 2007
Location: Staffordshire, Cheshire & Shropshire ENGLAND
Posts: 24,216
Thanks: 229
Thanked 1,835 Times in 1,604 Posts
iTrader: (15)
In fact there are some 16" alloy wheels for sale at the moment.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/sale-wa...els-tyres.html
Dimplyred is offline  
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 1st October 2008, 20:39
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
 
illegalhunter's Avatar
 
Car: DS3
Join Date: 10th May 2007
Location: On the mat choking people SCOTLAND
Posts: 4,720
Thanks: 9
Thanked 137 Times in 122 Posts
iTrader: (2)
Welcome to the madness
illegalhunter is offline  
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 1st October 2008, 20:54
Civinfo Space Monkey
 
wellzie74's Avatar
 
Car: 2008 1.8 SE, NHB.
Join Date: 28th August 2008
Location: Crayford, Kent GB
Posts: 544
Thanks: 30
Thanked 18 Times in 18 Posts
iTrader: (1)
NHB, any other colour is second choice. Welcome, now get a civinfo.com sticker in the back & your sorted mate!
wellzie74 is offline  
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 1st October 2008, 21:05
 
Join Date: 1st November 2007
Posts: 37
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Hi, and welcome on board
Bullson is offline  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 1st October 2008, 21:17
Administrator
 
HappyMan's Avatar
 
Car: 2016 Ford Kuga Titanium
Join Date: 16th August 2007
Location: Wrocław, Poland PL
Posts: 19,165
Thanks: 713
Thanked 1,059 Times in 761 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Welcome to Civinfo

Great looking car and nice photo's.
HappyMan is offline  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 1st October 2008, 22:01
The fat controller
 
fatboy-pete's Avatar
 
Car: 2018 Civic 1.5 prestige
Join Date: 25th August 2008
Location: Kingston upon Hull ENGLAND
Posts: 1,041
Thanks: 88
Thanked 97 Times in 79 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66786 View Post
Hi guys,

I joined the forum early last month and I must say there’s pretty useful content on this place. I bought my new (1.4) Civic 2 weeks ago and I’ve been driving it around all over... averaging 41 mpg. I was going to go for the 1.8 SE but since I’m a 21 y/o student the 1.4 was the better choice. I've added a few extras – Aluminium pedals and the Chrome exhausts (that look hole-punched!). The car is excellent, the steering wheel is very light and it just looks like a spaceship inside-out. I had right a laugh with my friends at the university, when one of them opened the front door, looking to pull the front seat forward so that he could get in the back (LOL).


As a drawback, It’s sluggish speedwise, but otherwise a brilliant car overall. I do miss the alloys on this car and the genuine 16” Honda Alloys from the dealers were a rip off! So hopefully I’ll shortly get some decent ones from elsewhere.

Regards,
Aftab


Hi Aftab

Yes NHB is the best colour, I always think it's sensible to start at something like a 1.4 cheaper to run and all that and I assume cheaper insurance. I like your story of your friends trying to get in the back via the front door, I recently experienced such an incident when I picked up some Friends recently from Manchester airport, as I went to pay for the car park I came back to find one of them trying to squeeze into the back via the front door, of course I waited for her to squeeze in to the back and listened to her complain of the tight gap until I said It's a simple device called a door handle you pull on it and hay guess what the rear door opened. She sat in silence for the rest of the journey.

Any way Aftab get your self down for the next meet and join other Civinfonions http://www.civinfo.com/forum/meeting...tml#post253581
fatboy-pete is offline  
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 4th October 2008, 16:17 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **
 
Aftab's Avatar
 
Car: 2011 1.4 Blue
Join Date: 5th September 2008
Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire ENGLAND
Posts: 14
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
iTrader: (0)
Thanks for the welcome everyone!
Aftab is offline  
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 4th October 2008, 16:18 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **
 
Aftab's Avatar
 
Car: 2011 1.4 Blue
Join Date: 5th September 2008
Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire ENGLAND
Posts: 14
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimplyred View Post
In fact there are some 16" alloy wheels for sale at the moment.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/sale-wanted/18620-2-2es-16in-wheels-tyres.html
Thank you for looking out. I'll contact the person and see how it goes...

Last edited by Dimplyred; 4th October 2008 at 16:22. Reason: Repaired quote.
Aftab is offline  
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 4th October 2008, 16:21 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **
 
Aftab's Avatar
 
Car: 2011 1.4 Blue
Join Date: 5th September 2008
Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire ENGLAND
Posts: 14
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy-pete View Post
Hi Aftab

Yes NHB is the best colour, I always think it's sensible to start at something like a 1.4 cheaper to run and all that and I assume cheaper insurance. I like your story of your friends trying to get in the back via the front door, I recently experienced such an incident when I picked up some Friends recently from Manchester airport, as I went to pay for the car park I came back to find one of them trying to squeeze into the back via the front door, of course I waited for her to squeeze in to the back and listened to her complain of the tight gap until I said It's a simple device called a door handle you pull on it and hay guess what the rear door opened. She sat in silence for the rest of the journey.

Any way Aftab get your self down for the next meet and join other Civinfonions http://www.civinfo.com/forum/meeting...tml#post253581
Hhehe - Funny Story there... Thanks for the welcome, I'll try and make it to the October meet, although I guarentee. I assume these meetings are on monthly basis right? If that's the case then I'll join you guys in the november meet up.
Aftab is offline  
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 4th October 2008, 16:26
 
Join Date: 10th August 2007
Posts: 10,247
Thanks: 77
Thanked 412 Times in 391 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66786 View Post
Thanks for the welcome everyone!
You're most welcome, its great to have new members such as yourself, and we all look forward to hearing your views.

Post away!
Wheelchair is offline  
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 4th October 2008, 16:52
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
 
J. Derek Riddell's Avatar
 
Car: 2007 1.8 'Executive' (EX)
Join Date: 8th November 2007
Location: Isle of Hundvåg, Stavanger, Norway NO
Posts: 9,228
Thanks: 297
Thanked 1,111 Times in 831 Posts
iTrader: (5)
Running in ?

Don't be afraid to 'rev. the nuts' out of your 1.4 in the first few weeks ... mix 'relaxed' and 'frenetic' driving ...

Then, never hesitate to put the 'pedal to the metal' ... ALL Honda engines just love to be revved !!! ... look here ...

J. Derek Riddell is offline  
Reply

  Civinfo > Welcome > Introduce yourself

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome