2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Hello from West Sussex

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  5702 
#1 ·
Just thought I would say hello to you all. I am not yet a Honda owner but may be soon. I test drove the 2.2 i-CTDI S last Friday. Never driven a diesel before and was very impressed. :cool: Handling/performance was excellent. Just thought the steering was on the light side but something I could get used to. This Friday I will test drive the Toyota Auris T180 2.2 diesel so I will have something to compare it with.

#2 · (Edited)
Hey Badger,

Go for the Civic!!

Auris - Power=174, 0-60=7.8 seconds, MPG=45, insurance group=13
Civic - Power=140, 0-60=8.3 seconds, MPG=55, insurance group=10

Civic is the much better choice, the extra 34bhp only takes half a second off the 0-60 sprint, and you pay for that extra insurance and the higher fuel consumption! Much better all-rounder. Sure the Civic is cheaper also.

#5 ·
Well it's all been said, waiting to see the pics of your new purchase now !

Hey Badger you must be woried about the proposed CULL :rolleyes: keep your head down mate ;)

#10 ·
Yes you all know what I am going to say. I have chosen the Toyota. NO NO only joking. I must say the Toyota Auris had a better feel through the steering wheel but a apart from that in my opinion it was no contest. The Civic was more sportier, even felt quicker, and I felt with one with the car if that makes sense. All the controls are positioned just right. Booked an appointment to see my local dealer to discuss the next step to ownership. Hope he can give me a good deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.