hello! - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 26th November 2007, 22:57 Thread Starter

Talking hello!

Hi everyone, im 15 and im absolutly crazy on cars as i quite imagen you all are. my dad (the terminator) has bought a 1.8 SE in milano red, i think its a beautiful car and has really proven it's self to us. we used to have a saab 95 2.3 turbo and i thought that was exciteing, but the way this civic handles is emmence! ok the speed isnt quite there but the handeling really does take a grip. at 1st i wasnt too pleased that dad changed the car because i loved the saab, but now i have been for many rides in the civic, i am starting to like it more and more every mile we do. what really does it for me is the sporty seats and the huge rev dial smack bang in the center... its so cool!!! and the noise that leaves those twin exhaust pipes is great! does anyone else notice the small grumble when it pulls away? i like that! its sort of a quiet exhaust rattle like a rally car. BEAST!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 27th November 2007, 02:24
Supporter

Car: 2012 1.8i Ex Navi Leather MR
Hello nos1992!

Welcome to the forum.
15??!!...You're probably one of the youngest members on civinfo.
Yeah, the spaceship is a great car! The design is just sooo innovative and mean at the same time! (They won the red dot prize for that.)
It is my first Honda ever, and I love my 2007 1.8i-vtec executive.
And the vtec sound coming from the triangular exhaust pipes at high revs is like music in my ears! Just stunning!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 27th November 2007, 09:47
Administrator

Thanked 1,835 Times in 1,604 Posts
Hello Nos, Like Amronno ,this is my first Honda and I am very impressed with it, the handling is great and the noise it makes in the vtec zone is excellent.

My son is 9 and starting to really get into cars, keeps quoting facts and figures to me and is constantly on the internet on motoring site.

Enjoy your new car.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 27th November 2007, 17:53 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Exclamation new news!

it sounds really strange, but dads just told me that we are going to hopefully be getting a type S now, even though we've only had our SE for a few months. we are going to take a type R out aswell!! i soooo cant wait for that!!!! i just think the type R is so so cool! its one of those cars you just cant stop looking at!

i wish we could get a type R, that would be so cool!! i still like the normal civic, but the type S and R are jus so stunning!

thanks for writeing back, hope to hear back
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 27th November 2007, 17:57
Supporter

Hi Nos1992 - welcome to the forum.

This is my first Honda too and I love it. Make sure you are a passenger when your Dad takes the Type R for a test drive - AWESOME!!

Have fun!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 27th November 2007, 18:04 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

type R

Have you got a type R? if you do, whats it like? i really do think its a stunning car, it just stands out from all those other cars on the road.

i will be a passenger, but i really really wish i could drive it. i can drive manual really well now (on private land), ive driven our 1.8 SE civic already, but i mainly drive my grannys toyota aygo (what a beast! hahaha!!) id really love to drive the type R though!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 27th November 2007, 18:14
Supporter

As you say yourself - the Type R is a bit of a "beast"!! It drives like a 'normal' car up to 5400rpm but once it crosses it there is a big surge of power and it pushes you back into your seat! At high revs (which I'm still getting used to - was never one for 'thrashing' the engine - but Hondas like it) the engine note makes me smile! It sounds like a real racing car and always turns heads.

Enjoy the test drive!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 27th November 2007, 18:33
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasser098 View Post
As you say yourself - the Type R is a bit of a "beast"!! It drives like a 'normal' car up to 5400rpm but once it crosses it there is a big surge of power and it pushes you back into your seat! At high revs (which I'm still getting used to - was never one for 'thrashing' the engine - but Hondas like it) the engine note makes me smile! It sounds like a real racing car and always turns heads.

Enjoy the test drive!
Hi Wasser, It's still quite quick outside the vtec zone though isn't it? I think so anyway. I've never been one for thrashing a car either, but I tend to give it a bit of welly every so often now though. The sound is amazing isn't it.

NOS you and your Dad will love it, you never know he may get the bug and think what the hell we'll have one.

Enjoy the test flight
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 27th November 2007, 19:02
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimplyred View Post
Hi Wasser, It's still quite quick outside the vtec zone though isn't it? I think so anyway. I've never been one for thrashing a car either, but I tend to give it a bit of welly every so often now though. The sound is amazing isn't it.
It IS still quick under 5400 and a joy to drive. I find myself not needing the vtec when overtaking sometimes. Like yourself, I like to clear it's throat every now and then!! It's pretty impressive when you can cross the speed limit in second gear!! I'd love to give it a go on a runway...!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 27th November 2007, 19:15
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasser098 View Post
It IS still quick under 5400 and a joy to drive. I find myself not needing the vtec when overtaking sometimes. Like yourself, I like to clear it's throat every now and then!! It's pretty impressive when you can cross the speed limit in second gear!! I'd love to give it a go on a runway...!
In my opinion, for what that's worth, I think it is a very cool car. I'd love to get it on a runway too!!!
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 27th November 2007, 19:17
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimplyred View Post
In my opinion, for what that's worth, I think it is a very cool car. I'd love to get it on a runway too!!!
No arguments here!
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 28th November 2007, 17:41 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Exclamation

i bet its quite fun down small country lanes too, nearly and just as exciteing as a lotus elise?

i think it looks more space age than a lotus elise anyway. i have been for a ride in an elise mk 2 and that was like being on a rollercoaster as it just held the road like it was on rails.

wooooooooo but the civic is so so much better

Last edited by nos1992; 28th November 2007 at 22:31. Reason: forgot a minor detail

Civinfo > Welcome > Introduce yourself

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page