Posted pics in another thread but thought that it deserved it's own thread.
Bascially i've had my FN2 for 4 months now and i'm loving it but the standard stereo is woeful and it needed to go. I'm no boy racer and neither am i an audio purist but it simply wasn't good enough.
So i purchased;
Impulse facia kit
Reversing camera kit
....and handed the whole lot to Hannah Auto sounds in Glasgow. Total installed price installed was £920 or so. So not cheap, but as you know the impulse kit is £200 of that and it's a huge job to install. The until itself is currently available for £350 from caraudiocentre.co.uk which is a steal IMHO.
I've now had the kit for a few weeks and im really pleased with it.
Highlights for me are;
- It sounds great
- The OS is easy to use
- Plugged in a 64gb USB stick and it works perfectly
- Bluetooth streaming is great
- Handsfree quality (via std parrot module) is excellent
- Background, button illumination and font colour is all configurable
- It's clearly not cheap
- No sat nav at that price, but i use googlemaps anyway
- The angle of the install sometimes makes the screen difficult to read
- Searching for artists on USB mode can be quite slow...not unusable but not smartphone / ipad responsive
- The fit of the facia plate isn't 100% perfect at the airbag but i dont think i'm alone in this
I know many of you have gone for the 920 / 950 option but this could be an option for those with smaller budgets or those who don't need sat nav. Bigger screen is nice too.
Anyway enough nonsense, here's some pics