Technical iPod Touch with iPod Kit - Does it work? Any alternatives? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 3rd January 2008, 20:01 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2006 1.8 EX Alabaster Silver
iPod Touch with iPod Kit - Does it work? Any alternatives?

Hi All,

I got a new iPod Touch for Christmas and I was contemplating getting the iPod adapter cable from Honda. 225!!

My first question is, does anyone know if the Honda supplied iPod connection works with the new iPod Touch? Stero controls etc?

I have had a look through other people's posts and seen that there are alternatives and are much cheaper, such as this one i found here: http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how/101...nstall-ex.html

So my second question is, in peoples opinions, which would be the best solution for my iPod Touch? Are there any that displays info onto the Sat Nav Screen? And when the Audio screen says extension, can this still be hidden and just have the SatNav/other screens displayed?

Oh by the way, I have a 56 plate EX

Thanks,

AndyEX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 3rd January 2008, 20:17
FWH
Supporter

Car: MX-5, C6 Vette & MB S212
Thanked 1,029 Times in 772 Posts
It will show Extention if you are in Audio mode.
Switch to map or anything else and you will not see it.

Nothing (except perhaps a FM transmitter with RDS capabilities) will show any info on the screen.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/ipods-m...questions.html

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 5th January 2008, 21:58

Hi,

I have an Iphone (same as itouch I think) and the ipod connection cable from Honda and it works only one time in my car (error on car screen while I select the changer source).
Before i had an ipod nano and it's works perfectly.
I didn't find why my iphone didn't work with this stupid cable because the iphone works perfectly in others cars fitted with standard ipod connector.
My car is an type S GT 2007

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 5th January 2008, 23:51

I have a ipod touch and an ipod video both work fine with the standard honda fit kit

Regards

Baz
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 21st January 2008, 15:05
COTM Feb 2012

Car: Aston V12 Vantage S
I tried mine (ipod touch) and if i have all songs on random the first song to play the player will only be able to access that album , only one album (not playlist ) can be played depending on your first song choice.

Im actually considering buying a cheap ipod nano to allow the system to play all my songs and/or playlists however i want

(with honda's own ipod adapter)
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 25th January 2008, 16:01
Supporter

ipod cable

I picked up my Civic yesterday fitted with ipod adapter, I also have the Ipod touch, it works perfectly, although to get the best out of it you need to make playlist named Honda1, Honda2 all the way to Honda7 each containing up to 100 tracks, then use the cd change button to go through your playlists, cd 8 is reserved to play all tracks on ipod. The naming of playlists must be as above Capital H and no spaces. Hopes this helps
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 25th January 2008, 16:15
COTM Feb 2012

Car: Aston V12 Vantage S
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkers142 View Post
I picked up my Civic yesterday fitted with ipod adapter, I also have the Ipod touch, it works perfectly, although to get the best out of it you need to make playlist named Honda1, Honda2 all the way to Honda7 each containing up to 100 tracks, then use the cd change button to go through your playlists, cd 8 is reserved to play all tracks on ipod. The naming of playlists must be as above Capital H and no spaces. Hopes this helps
Nice one!! ill definately try that. Just need my car to do it
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 25th January 2008, 21:46
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkers142 View Post
Is that correct? Everywhere else I have read says that the Honda adapter does not work with the iPod Touch at all. If it does then I too will be getting it once my car arrives. Can you see the names of the tracks when they are playing?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 26th January 2008, 11:22
FWH
Supporter

Car: MX-5, C6 Vette & MB S212
Thanked 1,029 Times in 772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobson View Post
Can you see the names of the tracks when they are playing?
Not on the in car display.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 26th January 2008, 13:44
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Type S Bournemouth Send a message via MSN to Type S Bournemouth
im assuming if it works for the Itouch it will work with the Iphone? I might just go with the honda ipod lead as to be honest im not one for taking car apart.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 26th January 2008, 21:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyEX View Post
Hi All,

I got a new iPod Touch for Christmas and I was contemplating getting the iPod adapter cable from Honda. 225!!

My first question is, does anyone know if the Honda supplied iPod connection works with the new iPod Touch? Stero controls etc?

I have had a look through other people's posts and seen that there are alternatives and are much cheaper, such as this one i found here: http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how/101...nstall-ex.html

So my second question is, in peoples opinions, which would be the best solution for my iPod Touch? Are there any that displays info onto the Sat Nav Screen? And when the Audio screen says extension, can this still be hidden and just have the SatNav/other screens displayed?

Oh by the way, I have a 56 plate EX

Thanks,

AndyEX
If you have the EX you'll need the extra power loom which is in the price of the 225 from Honda, the lead is 95 I have one if you want to make me an offer its a genuine Honda one that was fitted to my EX

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page