Head Unit Double din question - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 25th September 2013, 20:56 Thread Starter

Double din question

Hi guys First question on the forum so go easy, Just bought an FN2 with sat nav and handsfree how ever it's crap lol so I have a Kenwood double din which I'm going to install how ever the climate control comes through the sat nav screen.

1. I know the sat nav won't work, will the climate controls still show up? Will the climate control still show up but not where it blasting if you know what I mean?
2. What does everyone else do?

I have used the search but I getting mixed thoughts on it.

Cheers Daz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 25th September 2013, 22:09
No Smoke no poke

Car: 2010 Polished metal Type-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by daz364 View Post
Hi guys First question on the forum so go easy, Just bought an FN2 with sat nav and handsfree how ever it's crap lol so I have a Kenwood double din which I'm going to install how ever the climate control comes through the sat nav screen.

1. I know the sat nav won't work, will the climate controls still show up? Will the climate control still show up but not where it blasting if you know what I mean?
2. What does everyone else do?

I have used the search but I getting mixed thoughts on it.

Cheers Daz
Hi Daz

welcome to the forum

I can only give advise on my own experience really, mine did not come with oem sat nav so installed a double din myself, even without satnav we still get a screen at the top of the console like you say with climate and time functions if im right in saying so long as you get the right patch lead this should still work, i know mine does but then mine isnt a factory oem screen so not 100% sure mate may be try giving these guy a bell as its where i bought my conversion kit from very helpfull on the phone
http://www.hondabitz.com

Last edited by wardy2602; 25th September 2013 at 22:13.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 26th September 2013, 13:44
Supporter

Car: 2010 CTR, Milano red
The satnav cars are wired differently so the Connects2 wiring kit wont work with yours. It is possible to fit one if you ok resolving wiring problems but the screen where your map displays now will be useless and look blank & naff.

There are things you can do to increase the functionality of the OEM satnav, fit an amplifier, Xcarlink, reverse camera etc. If you butcher it, you will end up losing money when you sell it.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page