AUX in Which Denison? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 19th October 2013, 22:57 Thread Starter

Car: 56 2.2 5dr, Nighthawk Black
Which Denison?

I've been having some problems with the CD player in my 56 plate car, seems I've got the common problem of the disc read error thing some people have experienced. No idea what's causing it still, the first time a cd lens cleaner sorted it now that hasn't worked. So I was thinking, a repair would cost a LOT and a replacement a bomb load, so the best option is to fit a aux in somewhere. After a little bit of looking on here it seems people don't like the xcarlink so much as it's having some issues with dropping out and such, so is the one to go for the Denison? Let's say I go for a dension, which one, the gateway 100 is what I've seen on here but that doesn't seem to exist on their website anymore. So which one do I go for, I'm looking for straight up iPod/iPhone connection for music, Bluetooth for calls would be a bonus if it's doable and not too much more money. Also, where would be the best place to get one? Cheers.

Edit: I now realise I have the name spelt wrong in the title, whoops, won't let me edit either sorry, I screwed that up.

Last edited by Soulforged; 19th October 2013 at 23:43. Reason: I'm an idiot who can't spell...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 20th October 2013, 22:04 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

I've done a little more research, and if I do go for a dension (got the spelling right this time) would this be the one to go for,... Gateway Lite BT | A2DP | Bluetooth handsfree calls
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 20th October 2013, 23:07
Supporter

Car: 2007 CTR GT, NHB
I have dension gateway 100 which im no longer using due to fitting a double din.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 22nd October 2013, 19:18 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Does that do the Bluetooth thing to take calls and what not too?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 26th October 2013, 08:19 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Just looking some more. Couple of quick questions. When you have the Bluetooth for calls, I saw on the dension site about a microphone, is that really necessary or can you just use the regular mic in the phone? And also, do you have to have this particular iPod lead (iPod/iPhone Dock Cable (Orange Connector, 1A)) or can you just use the normal iPod lead you use for charging into the USB slot?

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page