Speakers Audio problem - any fitters in West midlands area? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 4th November 2013, 11:32 Thread Starter
Never tap!

Car: 2007 Type S 2.2GT Milano Red
Audio problem - any fitters in West midlands area?

Hi guys I noticed an issue with my audio this last week and wondered if the is anyone local to West midlands (Stourbridge) area who can help me out.
Unfortunately Iím unable to take the car back to where I had the original work done as they are no longer trading.
Basically I have a standard Honda head unit with a 4 channel amp,Re-Q box and all speakers replaced with a low profile sub in the boot. When I turned on the stereo last week all I could hear was the sub and not car speakers powering the audio. Started my long journey into work and every so often the audio would cut in and off again which led me to think it was a unsecure cable somewhere. I have replaced the fuses in the amp just to check but thatís made no difference and the audio continues to cut in and out again.
I have Bluetooth in the car and the front speakers work as normal without any issues.
Now the amp is off all the time with no light lit up on the unit.
I didnít fit this system myself and wanted to know if I can check anything else for spending money.
Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 4th November 2013, 11:52
Supporter

Car: 2006 2.2,5 door,NighthawkBlk
Have you checked the grounding?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 4th November 2013, 11:59 Thread Starter
Never tap!
** Thread starter **

Car: 2007 Type S 2.2GT Milano Red
I found the some cables under the rear seats, see one was screwed to the chassis, from memory everything looks in place.

Wonder if the re-Q boxes can fail at all.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page