Other Type R and bluetooth for Spotify... iPhone 5 - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12th November 2013, 13:13 Thread Starter

Type R and bluetooth for Spotify... iPhone 5

Morning all,
Just posted this in the 9th gen section so sorry about that! Mods can you please delete the other thread in there by any chance?! Sorry ha!

Anyway, long time since I've posted, I used to have a Type S GT a few years back, however I've moved back to the civics after a while in a Quattro A3! I currently have a Type R GT, non satnav, with the optional bluetooth (which only works for phonecalls).

Anyway to cut to the chase, I have an iphone 5, and a spotify account, and I'm looking for a way to stream my music, preferably via bluetooth to my stereo. I've been looking at the dension units, and the parrot asteroid units also. Does anyone have any experience with either of these (especially with spotify)? Basically in an ideal world I'd like to be able to change tracks etc by using the steering wheel controls/standard HU, and still keep a oem look to the dash (a reason why I'm not too keen on the parrot units as I don't really want loads of clutter on the dash).

I've also looked into fm transmitters, as I had one for my type s, but are there actually any good ones out there that you get decent enough sound from? Get the feeling there's gotta be a better solution than having one of these surely?

Any help anyone can give me who's had a similar issue would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Kev

Last edited by transmitdisrupt; 12th November 2013 at 13:15. Reason: Typo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12th November 2013, 13:24
Aaaaa...V-tech

Car: 2011 CTR Mugen
hi mate

yeah i have the OEM bluetooth setup and that only allows calls sadly..although my pal had the Parrot MKi9200 kit in his type r and this does allow you to play spotify through it he stuck his to the glass section where the sat nav normally is and it looked awesome ! you get a little wireless controller which he just kept in the centre concole but you can attach it anywhere its a total clutter free kit IMO

also why dont you just attach the iphone 5 USB cable to the USB socket in the arm rest? i use spotify 24/7 this is what i do and it works a treat!

hope this helps you
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12th November 2013, 13:27 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Ah okay cheers, a lot of people seem to be using the parrot devices, but not the new asteroid ones with apps etc (are they terrible or something? Ha!).

Unfortunately mine is on a 57, so there's no USB port or aux in, so I'm in a bit of a mess as to how I connect my phone up! Still confuses me as to how they omitted something like that on a car with so many other toys haha!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12th November 2013, 13:32
Aaaaa...V-tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by transmitdisrupt View Post
Ah okay cheers, a lot of people seem to be using the parrot devices, but not the new asteroid ones with apps etc (are they terrible or something? Ha!).

Unfortunately mine is on a 57, so there's no USB port or aux in, so I'm in a bit of a mess as to how I connect my phone up! Still confuses me as to how they omitted something like that on a car with so many other toys haha!
yeah well for peace of mind my pals was a 57 plate type r also so i assume this is why he went down the parrot route but he defo loved the setup and i thought it was good as well you get the little LCD coloured screen which looks the Dogs
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12th November 2013, 13:35
Aaaaa...V-tech

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 14th November 2013, 22:04
Supporter

Id recommend the Xcarlink + get yourself an Apple 30pin-lightning adaptor. It works with spotify and the phone can be controlled on the steering wheel. I haven't got mine to charge, but that's only because my xcarlink cable has been broken for a while...

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page