Speakers Speaker doesn't work with door closed - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12th November 2013, 22:23 Thread Starter

Speaker doesn't work with door closed

Title says it all really!

Had my 07 EX for a few weeks and decided to get the door card off tonight to see what was happening with the faulty speaker. After snapping the bottom speaker clips and a couple of door ones too I realised that the speaker works with the door partly open but not with it closed.

I thought that the door card might have been pressing against the speaker but I'm more inclined to think it's the cable between the speaker and the stereo.

Anyone got any suggestions? Advice on replacing the cable from the stereo to the speaker or other things I can test.

Also, how does the switch part of the armrest pop out - gave it a right old bend tonight but only the wing mirror control end was lifting. This meant I was trying to support the door cars with my foot whilst working on it!

I can still get stereo sound... it just means I have to drive around with my door open!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 13th November 2013, 10:17
Supporter

Car: 2006 2.2,5 door,NighthawkBlk
There is 2 plugs going into the arm IIRC unplug them and the door card should come off as a whole, quite tricky to unplug

As for speaker wire, if it is def the wire you will probably have to attach it to a wire coat hanger and manipulate it through the grommet in the door then head up to behind the head unit and tap into the wire coming out of the plug at the back of the stereo

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Tags
cable , door card , speaker

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page