Head Unit 08 dsi se stereo upgrade - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 24th November 2013, 20:52 Thread Starter

08 dsi se stereo upgrade

Would like to install this stereo http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...o+3+(SPH-DA210)

Would like some help and pointing in right direction please if annoyance could help.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 24th November 2013, 20:53 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Anyone,
not annoyance
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 24th November 2013, 21:25
Supporter

You will need this item

C2 Civic Full Kit RHD

This would replace the surround on the factory fitted system as well letting you continue using the steering wheel controls. It would also ensure that you can still read the climate settings on the screen.

You then need to decide what functions you are going to use on that system you listed, do you have an iphone or android? If you have the iphone it will be cheaper as I believe the lead to connect to an android device costs near 100!

I am interested in the same unit myself, in a position to buy although just cannot decide on the best option :/

One thing that is putting me off of that system is the fact it cannot read music from USB, App Radio's 1 & 2 have this function, I have no idea why it was dropped.
Thanks to lrthumwood from:

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 24th November 2013, 21:54 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

im not 100% on this system tbh, im just trying to suss out whats best for what we need, i have an iphone 4 my girlfriend who i share car with has samsung s4 i want it to sync with both phones via bluetooth and would like it to mirror???
i think thats what its called ,so we could use sat/nav spotify and so on but im a little confused on what systems do what.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 24th November 2013, 23:12
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinner1982 View Post
im not 100% on this system tbh, im just trying to suss out whats best for what we need, i have an iphone 4 my girlfriend who i share car with has samsung s4 i want it to sync with both phones via bluetooth and would like it to mirror???
i think thats what its called ,so we could use sat/nav spotify and so on but im a little confused on what systems do what.
It is very confusing, from what I have gathered, the unit you listed will only support spotify via streaming, there is currently no app compatibility between pioneer/spotify. I am having trouble finding this unit in the UK, have you seen it anywhere?

The lack of USB audio support is killing it for me, ideally, I would like to fill a 64gb memory stick up and leave it in the car permanently. I am considering this model at the moment :-

Its annoying, I love the screen real estate of the DA210 although it has such a key feature missing. The AVH-3500DAB may be the solution, want to get something ordered and fitted this week (week off of work) Should be easier than this

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page