My install Best usb location - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 23rd December 2013, 10:48 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2007 CTR GT MILANO RED
Best usb location

Hi all I'll be fitting my double din shortly but was wondering where to locate the usb connector, when connecting my iPhone does all control switch to the dd screen or do I still require phone use, if phone use is still required would it be best routed into the cubby hole above the gear lever & use a brodit mount if not would it be best in the arm rest on a docking device just for charging, eg when someone calls me do I answer the phone via the handset or can it be done on the dd screen, all new to me this so any help advice would be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 23rd December 2013, 11:12
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobaggins View Post
Hi all I'll be fitting my double din shortly but was wondering where to locate the usb connector, when connecting my iPhone does all control switch to the dd screen or do I still require phone use, if phone use is still required would it be best routed into the cubby hole above the gear lever & use a brodit mount if not would it be best in the arm rest on a docking device just for charging, eg when someone calls me do I answer the phone via the handset or can it be done on the dd screen, all new to me this so any help advice would be appreciated
Might help listing the double din you are fitting. If you are talking about an AppRadio, I would suggest routing the cables straight into the arm rest, nice and tidy with everything out the way. I have never had to remove the phone from that section, everything is handled via the head unit. The cubby hole you mentioned is simply too small for the amount of wires that you will need to stash. That section will also need some modification (a little cutting) which put me off.
Thanks to lrthumwood from:
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 23rd December 2013, 11:20
Supporter

Car: 2010 CTR, Milano red
The USB on mine is also half the connection for the phone lead so have never used it with a USB stick.

As far as my phone lead is concerned, I have this exiting the side of the console next to the side of the passenger seat. I have a brodit mount and dont plug the phone in often so tucking it down the side of the seat keeps it out of the way but still easy and discrete when it is plugged in.

Last edited by discus; 23rd December 2013 at 11:23.
Thanks to discus from:

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 23rd December 2013, 14:04 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrthumwood View Post
Might help listing the double din you are fitting. If you are talking about an AppRadio, I would suggest routing the cables straight into the arm rest, nice and tidy with everything out the way. I have never had to remove the phone from that section, everything is handled via the head unit. The cubby hole you mentioned is simply too small for the amount of wires that you will need to stash. That section will also need some modification (a little cutting) which put me off.

It's a pioneer AVH-X3500 DAB
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 24th December 2013, 12:36
Supporter

The USB looks like the connection to your phone as on my Pioneer. You could leave the socket somewhere accessible so you can unplug the phone lead and use a memory stick - depends how much you intend having your phone connected.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 24th December 2013, 12:44 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by discus View Post
The USB looks like the connection to your phone as on my Pioneer. You could leave the socket somewhere accessible so you can unplug the phone lead and use a memory stick - depends how much you intend having your phone connected.

Is it only music you can Bluetooth to the dd or can apps be done too?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 24th December 2013, 22:00
Supporter

Only music I'm afraid. Apps require use of the VGA cable to display on the screen. You only get album art when the phone is plugged in too.
Thanks to discus from:

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page