My install Which Ipod connector is fitted in my 2007 Type S GT? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 28th December 2013, 09:46 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2015 Honda Civic Sport 1.8
Garage
Which Ipod connector is fitted in my 2007 Type S GT?

Hi all,

I wonder if you can help me out with a query I have.

I purchased a 2007 Civic Type S GT a couple of weeks ago and it has the stock MP3 head unit, the 8 CD changer in the arm rest and it also comes with a ipod connector which is fitted in the cubby hole above the gear stick. I was expecting the CD changer in the arm rest to be disconnected as I understood that you could only have either the CD changer or the Ipod connector but all 3 seem to work fine. When I connect my ipod the display on the dash has CD4 and then shows just the track number but no track names, etc.

I have no paperwork for the ipod connector so I am assuming it is the official Honda adaptor as my ipod comes up with the Honda logo when connected but I only seem to be able to control next/previous tracks and volume. I cannot seem to be able to navigate through the ipod playlists, etc or get any track info to display.

I have attached a couple of pics of the connector and the display and wondered if anyone can confirm if this is the official Honda adaptor and what the limitations of the system are?

Any help would be gratefully received

Cheers

Simon

Last edited by sjgillett; 28th December 2013 at 09:56.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 28th December 2013, 10:49 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Car: 2015 Honda Civic Sport 1.8
Garage
Whoops - sorry guys and girls I have just found the info on the Honda Ipod Link in the wiki and it appears based on the functionality this is the system which has been installed in my Civic.

Have managed to get the playlists to work as well now thanks to that info.

This really is an informative site.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page