Subwoofer MKI9200 and Subwoofer with LOC issue?? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11th January 2014, 22:27 Thread Starter

Car: 2011, 1.4, 3 Door, Type S
MKI9200 and Subwoofer with LOC issue??

I have an problem after fitting my Parrot MKI9200 my subwoofer is constantly going bmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbmbm when it's using the Parrots amplifier but works perfectly fine through the radio?? I have made sure I turned bass down as much as I could and lowered the frequency and it helped but it's still there, gives me a headache! Any ideas would be most appreciated, the subwoofer is connected using a LOC to the back speakers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12th January 2014, 01:41
Supporter

i'm not sure i understand the bit about having the parrot amplifier connected to the sub

i would have thought the sub has it's own amplifier connected to the rear speakers via the LOC
have you connected the output of the parrot amp to the sub as well ?

it sounds like you are getting a feedback loop could you expalain how it's all wired up
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12th January 2014, 13:16 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Hi mate, thanks for the reply and help.

Basically the Parrot MKI9200 can play music from Bluetooth connection, usb, SD Card and more. It connects into the back of my stereo via a SOT-908 lead. The parrot mutes the stereo when in use and uses it's own inbuilt amplifier which takes over the speakers to play music. If I play music from the OEM headunit there isn't a problem with the subwoofer but if I'm playing it via the Parrot device that's when I get the bmbmbmbm sound!

The subwoofer has a high input where you need to connect two speakers to it (in my case the back two) and ground the connection which I have grounded to the same connection as the amplifier for the subwoofer is grounded too ( they share a wire) the subs remote to turn it on is connected to the 12v socket in the boot and I get the power straight from the battery.

Really can't get my head around why it is doing this I appreciate your help!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12th January 2014, 14:27
Supporter

just had a quick look at the wiring diagram for the parrot and it seems like the speaker outputs from the head unit are cut or bypassed via plugs and the parrot unit wired between the head unit and the speakers meaning the parrot switches out the head unit to produce audio through the speakers
is this how yours is wired ?

have you not just grounded the sub straight to chassis ? you description of how youv'e grounded ( - negative ) the sub is a little vague

if your using a LOC from the rear speakers to the sub amplifier line input where is the LOC connected ? in the wiring harness near the rear speakers or at the head unit

if the LOC is connected at the head unit is it before the parrot wiring or after it meaning the wires that come from the parrot unit to the speakers ( after the parrot wiring ) or the wires that come from the head unit ( before the parrot wiring )

knowing this might shed some light on whats going on

Last edited by cosmicma; 12th January 2014 at 14:30.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12th January 2014, 16:10 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

The LOC is connected to the speakers at the back. Not near the headunit.
Regarding the grounding, the Subwoofers amplifier itself is grounded to the chassis although the LOC also needs grounding so I grounded the LOC on the Ground terminal on the amplifier (Sharing the Chassis Ground) Also the remote wire needed grounding from the 12v socket so that is also connected to the amplifiers grounded connection!

I find it a bit strange as I can't see something wrong with my subwoofer setup otherwise I'd hear "bmbmbmbm" when the radio is outputting sound also it's only when the Parrot is in use does it make this noise, though I could be wrong??

Also that is how my Parrot is wired bang on.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12th January 2014, 21:50
Supporter

i think your problem might be to do with the LOC being grounded but not knowing which LOC your using or how it's wiring is i can't be sure

as far as i am aware the LOC should only need the + and - connection from the speaker there should be no need to ground it
some amplifiers speaker outputs are isolated from negative ( ground ) meaning the negative speaker connection is different from chassis negative
grounding the LOC might be causing a loop between negative speaker and ground but like i said without knowing which LOC your using i can't be sure but it might be worth disconnecting the LOC's ground terminal to eliminate it

because there are 2 different amplifiers involved ( head unit and parrot ) one might be happy with the LOC being grounded the other might not

another obvious is every thing has been wired in phase as in speaker + to + and - to - from the head unit including the LOC

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page