AUX in Permanent power for bluetooth receiver - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 21st January 2014, 13:40 Thread Starter

Permanent power for bluetooth receiver

Hello all,

Perhaps if I explain what i'm trying to do, you might be able to help.

I have installed the aux in cable to the cd changer input and it works great with plugging in an mp3 player. The cable feeds through the arm rest compartment.

What i'd like to do is have a bluetooth receiver plugged into the aux cable at all times so that when I get into the car my android phone will automatically connect to the audio receiver and start playing music without having to plug anything in.

So the big problem with this is the need to keep the receiver charged, perhaps through a constant power supply or maybe just when the ignition is on... how could this be fitted into the armrest box?

I'm a bit useless when it comes to electrical stuff so any advice would be gratefully received.

Cheers,
Andy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 30th January 2014, 00:36

Car: 2007 2.2, 3 Door, S Type GT
How do you normally charge your Bluetooth receiver?? If it normally done through a USB charger just connect one direct to the curettes lighter under the panel and have a fly lead into the armrest.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 31st January 2014, 00:13

If you are willing to spend, I can heartily recommend the XCarLink bluetooth streaming interface (Honda Wireless Bluetooth Streaming Handsfree Interface*::*HONDA*::*XCarLink). I installed mine on Tuesday and I absolutely love it!
I've got it fed from the stereo's Aux port into the arm rest. Now when I enter the car it immediately connects for both phone calls and playing music. The box also has a 3.5mm aux in port and a USB charging port which is going to be ideal for keeping the kids quiet watching the tablet in the back with the audio connected through the speakers.
It's £130 that I can ill afford right now, but it has transformed my enjoyment of my car.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page