AUX in Help: My iPhone doesn't work with the Honda cable - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 1st February 2008, 16:32 Thread Starter

Help: My iPhone doesn't work with the Honda cable

Hello from Spain! Im new here.

First of all, sorry for my English.

I guess you can help me with my issues with the iPhone and the original Honda iPod cable. I've read a lot of posts but no one speaks about my problem.

When i plug it in, the iPhone display shows this message: "This accessory is not made to work with the iPhone". Then no Honda logo it's shown in the screen.

The car screen shows: "CDC 9"(with the 9 flickering) for about 30 secs. and then: "CDC ERROR".

I don't know if it is a firmware problem. I have an US iPhone 1.1.1
Ive tried putting the Honda1, Honda2... playlist but it doesn't work at all.

Can somebody help me?

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 1st February 2008, 17:03
Lord of JAE.....

Car: 58' NHB Type R-GT
Simple, the Iphone doesn't work with the Honda, sorry, I think, I seem to remember somoeone else giving up with it in the end.

Tom
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 2nd February 2008, 10:46 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

What a shame!

Honda offered it to me as a gift, and I accepted this in order to use it with my iPhone...
At less I didn't spent any money on it.

Thank you Unknowsoldier!

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 2nd February 2008, 11:07
Dandy Don

Strange...........the iPod touch is reported to work with it, so I would have thought the iPhone would as well?

Maybe you could update the firmware to 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 on the iPhone, although I suspect since you have a US iPhone in spain, which means you have bypassed the activation process, which limits your upgrade ability!

However, 1.1.2 has been fully jailbroken, so you could use your Spanish Sim card with it, and 1.1.3 has been partially jailbroken too.

Maybe worth looking into?

I can give you a link regarding the upgrade / jailbreak process if you want?

Not sure if it is 100% safe on the iPhone? Don't want you to brick your phone!! Do loads of research first, and do it at your own risk!

Stu
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 2nd February 2008, 13:28 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Thank you Stu!

In fact, my iphone has been jailbreaked.
I had been reading about the upgrade to the 1.1.3, and it's too unsettled yet.
I will try it in a few days if it work properly.

I will post it here if I have any news.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 2nd February 2008, 13:42
Dandy Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_elias View Post
Thank you Stu!

In fact, my iphone has been jailbreaked.
I had been reading about the upgrade to the 1.1.3, and it's too unsettled yet.
I will try it in a few days if it work properly.

I will post it here if I have any news.
1.1.2 can be jailbroken without any problems I think! Maybe worth giving that a try, as I dont think the official 1.1.3 Jailbreak (100% working) is going to be released till the end of Feburary!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 2nd February 2008, 13:58 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Actually I'm not in a hurry, so I prefer working once and upgrade it to the latest version. I'm a little lazy,

For the moment, I´m going to burn some MP3 cds.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 5th February 2008, 13:47 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

I've some bad news... specially for me.

I struggled with my laziness and I updated my iPhone to 1.1.3, and it just doesn't work... I've tried also with the 1.1.2 with equal results.

So I'm realizing that I'm not going to listen it in my car unless I buy another adapter...

Thank you all.

Last edited by t_elias; 5th February 2008 at 14:09.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 5th February 2008, 15:40
Arfurs right hand man

Car: 1.8 Civic SE plus Auto 9th G
Garage
From what i've heard, i wouldnt blame the Honda, its more than likely the fault of the far from perfect Iphone!!
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 5th February 2008, 15:56
您看了

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiteboy View Post
From what i've heard, i wouldnt blame the Honda, its more than likely the fault of the far from perfect Iphone!!
O/T:

The iphone is laking in some features but it is not as you imply. I know several with them and they work perfectly all of the time, never crash, and have really good call quality.

The lack of features is anoying to them (No MMS messaging capability? no 3g?... what were Apple thinking!!!), but that is how the phone was released, not a "fault".
It really is a great product, but needs work to make it truely great, but it is far, far better than you have "heard".
Try one, you may not buy one afterwards but if you really do spend some time mucking about and exploring just how capable it is I would be shocked if your opinion was not changed (The only person I have met who wasn't impressed when he got to try one out was actually the type of person who would call grass red, just to be 'right').

Personally I went for the 16gb ipod touch (fully jailbroken on 1.1.3) as I didnt need a phone on O2. I do not have any peice of electrical equipment that impresses half as much. The operating system is an absolute revelation, both in execution and ease of use.

Back on Topic:

I beleive the reason the phone doesn't work is due to the fact that the ipod section of it is just one of many available applications, not the main operating application.
What I mean is that when you plug a cable into the touch it defaults to be an ipod, the cable plugged into the phone defaults to be a phone and doesn't 'see' the ipod application (any more than it sees the safari web browser, or email, or notes).
For all the similarities between the two products they do both run very different base operating systems.

ps. 16GB iphone and 32GB ipod touch lauched today in the USA
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 5th February 2008, 17:03
COTM Feb 2012

Car: Aston V12 Vantage S
I thought I had this problem when I came up with another solution

-why dont you just spend £50 (70-80 Euro's ish, maybe less) and buy a cheap ipod nano from Ebay, similar memory specs (4gb & 8gb depending on how many songs you have) and then load all your songs on it and have it in your car permanently?? no need to even get your iPhone out of your pocket then.

It doesnt even matter what color or spec because it will be permanately tucked away, just make sure its a compatible one and away you go!!
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 5th February 2008, 17:50 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Guitaralmond, I think i'll do something like that... I give up... it's easier and cheaper buying another ipod.

Thank you!
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 7th March 2008, 20:53

hello
i have the same problem than t-elias and didn't find how to resolve it.
I test firmwares 1.1.2, 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 both non jailbreaked and jailbreaked and nothing.
But 3 times i succeed to make the iphone work with the honda ipod cable (and only 3 times) but i didn't do something special to make it work, i plugged the cable it works perfectly and when i disconnect and reconnect the cable i have the CDC ERROR.
I didn't understand...
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 8th April 2008, 17:52

Working Iphone with honda cable

Hi, ive managed to get my iphone working with the honda cable each and every time i plug it in. ok well not instantly.

i plug it in, and it eventually get the error message, and that continues to flash........ if u wait like 5 minutes of that flashing all of a sudden the iphone will kick in and you can control it just like any of the other ipods.

havent a clue why it does not work instantly, but i know it works eventually.....
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 8th April 2008, 18:11
Lord of JAE.....

How odd, I personally dislike any 'Ipod' thing (Just hate Itunes basically). But the Iphone looked ok, I must admit though the Chinese are already copying them and doing a good job of it too (IF you don't want to listen to music, call anyone text or email, pretty much use it in any way ).

Tom
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 9th April 2008, 00:17
Foglight Covers FORSALE

The Dice Box Works With The Iphone. The Software Is Now Out For These To Fully Unlock Them Via The P.c And Ipod Lead. Sorted A Bricked Iphone Out In 2 Minutes And It Was Then Fully Unlocked.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 9th April 2008, 12:40
Lord of JAE.....

But it re-locks if you download anything of itunes or any updates. [Or so I was told by a mate who owns an MPC???????]

Tom
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 9th April 2008, 14:02
Foglight Covers FORSALE

it used to but not any more. you should be safe up to v 1.1.3 firmware, as the software will fully unlock it as well. i dont sell many now as the every one seams to think they work out of the box from th 02 or apple shops, but they dont.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 9th April 2008, 14:08

Hi, I have an ipod touch 16gb and the it worked fine with the genuine Honda cable (with the usuall honda1 playlists etc), I say "worked" because I loaded on the january software upgrade onto my ipod and now im having the same problems as described above with the iphone.
Now I just get cd9 err flashing. Funny thing is tho, it still plays sound out the speakers and i have full controll of the ipod while its plugged in! I can even play movies and the sound comes out the speakers, could even watch movies while driving along, not that I did this of course .
Im not sure what I like better now, having it the old way with the playlists and having steering wheel control "OR" having full controll of the ipod but no steering wheel controls and the annoying "ERR" flashing constantly.
Anyone have any experience of this?
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 1st October 2013, 05:55

Has anybody solved the problem?
Please help.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page