My install Audio upgrade - Am I missing anything? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 29th January 2014, 19:28 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: NHB FN2
Audio upgrade - Am I missing anything?

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and just got my FN2. I'm planning an audio upgrade very soon and have the following ready:

Impulse Double DIN Fascia full kit with Pioneer patch lead
Pioneer AVH-X2500BT (not bought yet but looks the best)
Astra Speaker adapter rings (6.5")
HERTZ energy ESK-165L 6.5" speakers for front (with tweeters and crossovers)
Infinity Basslink 200W 10" powered subwoofer (with leads as this was installed in my previous car)

This is my first major car audio upgrade so have I missed anything and will this sound good?

Anyone done something similar hazard a guess on how long to do this in one go? Is it worth paying to have it done?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 29th January 2014, 19:47
No Smoke no poke

Car: 2010 Polished metal Type-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by 57TypeR View Post
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and just got my FN2. I'm planning an audio upgrade very soon and have the following ready:

Impulse Double DIN Fascia full kit with Pioneer patch lead
Pioneer AVH-X2500BT (not bought yet but looks the best)
Astra Speaker adapter rings (6.5")
HERTZ energy ESK-165L 6.5" speakers for front (with tweeters and crossovers)
Infinity Basslink 200W 10" powered subwoofer (with leads as this was installed in my previous car)

This is my first major car audio upgrade so have I missed anything and will this sound good?

Anyone done something similar hazard a guess on how long to do this in one go? Is it worth paying to have it done?
looks good to me, you should get much better quality from this little set up
depending on competence you should set yourself a full weekend or spread it over a couple
only things i would add would be a reverse camera ( wouldnt be without mine now)
Sound deadening for the front doors too, while you have the cards off its well worth doing better sound and less vibration.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 29th January 2014, 19:49
D and A said i did it

Car: 2008 CTR GT Deep Bronze
Just fitted that head unit a few weeks ago and took about 2 hours start to finish, first time ive had the dash out and it wasnt as bad as i was expecting, descent trim removal tools make it easier. I bought that head unit month ago as the 2600bt is this years model and is around a £100 more so i would buy the 2500bt quick, as far as i can tell its exactly the same bar a few cosmetic tweeks.
Might want some 6.5" coaxials for the rears if your going all out and some dynomat / soundproofing.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 29th January 2014, 19:52 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardy2602 View Post
looks good to me, you should get much better quality from this little set up
depending on competence you should set yourself a full weekend or spread it over a couple
only things i would add would be a reverse camera ( wouldnt be without mine now)
Sound deadening for the front doors too, while you have the cards off its well worth doing better sound and less vibration.
Great thanks, can you recommend a reverse camera and something to sound deaden the doors with?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 29th January 2014, 20:11
No Smoke no poke

Quote:
Great thanks, can you recommend a reverse camera and something to sound deaden the doors with?
Mr bozo's cameras get good right ups, personally i went with one off ebay cause i liked the metal case finish although it hasnt faired well with the salt, personally id go plastic.
As for the proofing you can not go wrong with dynomatting but again personnely I think for what it is its over priced and bought as have many off here from these guys Car Sound Deadening Pads x 10 530mm x 190mm x 2mm | eBay
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 29th January 2014, 21:23 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardy2602 View Post
Mr bozo's cameras get good right ups, personally i went with one off ebay cause i liked the metal case finish although it hasnt faired well with the salt, personally id go plastic.
As for the proofing you can not go wrong with dynomatting but again personnely I think for what it is its over priced and bought as have many off here from these guys Car Sound Deadening Pads x 10 530mm x 190mm x 2mm | eBay
Awesome thanks, how many of those x10 packs did you need?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 29th January 2014, 21:40
No Smoke no poke

I used three packs but I've done the rears too.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 29th January 2014, 21:54 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevino View Post
Just fitted that head unit a few weeks ago and took about 2 hours start to finish, first time ive had the dash out and it wasnt as bad as i was expecting, descent trim removal tools make it easier. I bought that head unit month ago as the 2600bt is this years model and is around a £100 more so i would buy the 2500bt quick, as far as i can tell its exactly the same bar a few cosmetic tweeks.
Might want some 6.5" coaxials for the rears if your going all out and some dynomat / soundproofing.
Thanks for the heads up, I've reserved one. I'm not going to bother with the rears, I'll fade them most of the way down.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 29th January 2014, 22:07
D and A said i did it

Car: 2008 CTR GT Deep Bronze
Quote:
Thanks for the heads up, I've reserved one. I'm not going to bother with the rears, I'll fade them most of the way down.
I havent changed my speakers yet and the stock speakers sound much better with a proper head unit, i will change then eventually though as they are better but not great!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 2nd February 2014, 14:20
Dervinator

Car: 2007 iCDTI 2.2, Milano red
Two Bojo trim removal tools are a must. Also buy some spare door popper clips (Millfield Autos) as you invariably will break one or two especially in winter (brittle)

Also bare in mind you bought a sports car (FN2) so don't go overboard with too much sound deadening as it's heavy dood !
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 10th February 2014, 07:17 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civic_Outcast View Post
Two Bojo trim removal tools are a must. Also buy some spare door popper clips (Millfield Autos) as you invariably will break one or two especially in winter (brittle)

Also bare in mind you bought a sports car (FN2) so don't go overboard with too much sound deadening as it's heavy dood !
Thanks for the tips!
Yeah I think I might skip the sound deadening - I don't think it's needed anyway.

I have the headunit in now, I should be doing the sub next weekend and possibly front speakers then too.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 19th February 2014, 13:55 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

I've progressed with this and have installed the impulse double DIN fascia with the Pioneer HU and the Infinity Sub (bolted to the back of the rear right seat as it was too big to fit in the lower enclosure as I had hoped). The sound has greatly improved .

I do have a couple of problems with the headunit though - The cage didn't fit all the way through the fascia even when I filed the plastic lips back. You can see the cage slightly from the passenger side - is this normal? There doesn't seem to be any way to attach the cage to the fascia so if it did fit all the way through it wouldn't sit in place.

The other issue is that the steering wheel controls don't work. Is this an issue with the HU not supporting them? Where should the patch lead connect onto the HU back?

Also the bojo trim tools are excellent - only needed one so far.

Last edited by 57TypeR; 19th February 2014 at 14:03.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Tags
audio , headunit , subwoofer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page