Head Unit Help! Cant get new Double din head unit fitted! - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 31st January 2014, 19:05 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2008 Honda Civic Type R GT
Garage
Help! Cant get new Double din head unit fitted!

Just bought a Pioneer AVH-3500DAB head unit for the CTS, along with the C2 Civic dash conversion kit from Hondabitz. I've got the dash and old oem head unit stripped out, and have tried to fit the cage from the Pioneer to the new facia. It won't fit!!! The cage seems to be around 1 cm too tall to fit the hole in the facia. I'm asuming this cage should fit all double din apertures? Really stuck, been back to halfrauds but they don't stock double din cages, need to order them in and they say there's 2 sizes????? Surely the dd cages will all be the same size?

What I've noticed about the Pioneer cage is that the cage has to bumps pressed into it on the top, same on the bottom, and the head unit sits on these, leaving a gap between the H/U and the cage. This means the cage is a lot taller than the head unit itself.

I've emaild Bob at Hondabitz to see if i need a specific cage to mount this in the new facia, or if its a problem with pioneer??

Any info much appreciated, as car is in bits and need it sorted asap for work!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 31st January 2014, 19:09
D and A said i did it

Car: 2008 CTR GT Deep Bronze
You need to screw the 2 brackets to the side of the unit from the c2 kit and ditch your cage!
Thanks to Kevino from:
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 31st January 2014, 19:39 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Car: 2008 Honda Civic Type R GT
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevino View Post
You need to screw the 2 brackets to the side of the unit from the c2 kit and ditch your cage!
Doh, now I feel dumb! lol Thanks mate, that's it sorted now!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 20th February 2014, 07:40
Supporter

Car: 2007 1.8 ES Blue
C2 Civic Full Kit RHD

Is that the correct kit? Is there a guide to remove the old one and install this?

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page