Radio Play music via wireless connection using bluetooth profile A2PD - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 2nd February 2008, 23:44 Thread Starter

Play music via wireless connection using bluetooth profile A2PD

Howdy all,

Here I am again trying to find a good alternative to play music from an external source.

What do you think if installing any parrot hands free kit supporting playing music remotely?

These two kits support A2PD and AVRCP profile:

PARROT MK6000
Parrot - Parrot MK6000 - HANDS FREE CAR KIT & AUDIO STREAMING

PARROT MK6100
Parrot - Parrot Mk6100

Bluetooth A2PD profile lets transmit two channel music (stereo) from player to parrot losslessly.

Bluetooth AVRCP profile lets control the player using the play, next, previous, etc controls and shows mp3 labels on the screen.

I wish it is embedded on the radio-CD.

What's your opinion about this system. Have you listened to it?? Is the audio quality as good as it should??

Regards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 3rd February 2008, 00:59

i installed the mk6000 and it works a treat i use nokia n95 and sat nav through speakers also. only downside you lose stearing wheel control but the controll for the parrot is only on the dash so not really a bother.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 3rd February 2008, 05:46 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by petebrighty View Post
i installed the mk6000 and it works a treat i use nokia n95 and sat nav through speakers also. only downside you lose stearing wheel control but the controll for the parrot is only on the dash so not really a bother.
Is the quality, when you play music via bluetooth, as good as when playing a cd?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 3rd February 2008, 08:57
Supporter

Car: Mazda MX-5 (lightly modded)
Thanked 1,546 Times in 1,415 Posts
I like that!!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 3rd February 2008, 11:24
The Talented Mr. Robbieee

Car: Ford Fiesta Zetec S
I have a ck3100, it can play your mobile music through bluetooth. The quality is truely shocking! Its probably cos the ck3100 wasnt designed for this. I also have an ipod wireless radio trasmitter, its ok quality. The best quality you will get it from a physical connection or indeed a CD!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 3rd February 2008, 11:55

yeah the mk600 is designed for music and has the control for play, pause, fwd and back and the sound quality as far as i can tell is no different to a cd only draw back is volume is only controlled from the parrot control when playing music from phone otherwise your original HU functions in the normal way. when you play music on your phone audio is cut from original hu and control is taken over with parrot control if you were playing a cd it keeps playing but no sound. to be honest since i had it put in i have not had a cd in the car so thats no problem. if you have the radio on ,the display still shows the radio station but you hear the music from your phone. If you check out the parrot web site they also do a lead to connect it all up with no cutting of any wires its just a case of take out the lead connecting in to your hu plug in to parrot lead plug parrot lead in to hu thats it done only have to position microphone and control.

for me its a great set up as i had no factory fit sat nav or bluetooth now i have both cause i use with nokia n95 4gb memory card = more music than i will listen to in a week and i got it all and fitted for less than the Honda i pod lead.

hope this helps i would definitely recommend.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page