Head Unit ipod/double din - Civinfo
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 19th February 2014, 23:35 Thread Starter
Supporter
 
Car: 2008 Type S GT 2.2
Join Date: 4th November 2011
Location: Cork IE
Posts: 551
Thanks: 11
Thanked 42 Times in 39 Posts
iTrader: (0)
ipod/double din

Been considering getting the Pioneer Avic 950 BT Double Din cos of the great reviews its got on this site.

But Ive noticed it doesn't have an aux or usb port and when ordering it I need an extra cable for ipod connection.

My question is how does the ipod work with it? Is the cable fed from the back of the unit? Are there other Double Dins as good as the Pioneer (w/sat nav) that have a straight forward aux/usb connection?
Type 666 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 20th February 2014, 16:20
Supporter
 
Fikerz's Avatar
 
Car: 2013 C-Max
Join Date: 7th June 2012
Location: Aberdeenshire, Scotland GB
Posts: 231
Thanks: 11
Thanked 26 Times in 22 Posts
iTrader: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Type 666 View Post
Been considering getting the Pioneer Avic 950 BT Double Din cos of the great reviews its got on this site.

But Ive noticed it doesn't have an aux or usb port and when ordering it I need an extra cable for ipod connection.

My question is how does the ipod work with it? Is the cable fed from the back of the unit? Are there other Double Dins as good as the Pioneer (w/sat nav) that have a straight forward aux/usb connection?
I have the 950BT, it comes with the ipod cable (21 pin) which connects to the back of the head unit. I've never connected my iphone 5 to is using a cable so can't really tell you whats needed to do that properly as my ipod touch is a 4th gen and still uses the 21 pin connection, so my iphone 5 is only ever connected via bluetooth.

The ipod works well with the head unit, you can seach for you your music using either the touch screen of your ipod/iphone screen (I always use the ipod screen which is mounted on a Brodit Clip next to the stereo) and the sound quality is amazing in comparison to the original Head Unit, so I haven't even bothered changing the speakers to aftermarket items.

Here's my thread from when I fitted mine, hopefully it will be of some use to you, and good luck with your purchase.
Fikerz is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 20th February 2014, 20:09 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **
 
Car: 2008 Type S GT 2.2
Join Date: 4th November 2011
Location: Cork IE
Posts: 551
Thanks: 11
Thanked 42 Times in 39 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Thanks for the reply, it looks great in your car.

I don't have an iphone (and don't want my music on a phone), just the regular 120 gig Classic.

And I don't want to connect via Bluetooth - Id rather a lead connection.
Type 666 is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 20th February 2014, 21:05
Supporter
 
Fikerz's Avatar
 
Car: 2013 C-Max
Join Date: 7th June 2012
Location: Aberdeenshire, Scotland GB
Posts: 231
Thanks: 11
Thanked 26 Times in 22 Posts
iTrader: (6)
Yeah my ipod is always connected via the lead. The only thing I use the bluetooth for is to make hands free telephone calls.
Fikerz is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 22nd February 2014, 12:13 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **
 
Car: 2008 Type S GT 2.2
Join Date: 4th November 2011
Location: Cork IE
Posts: 551
Thanks: 11
Thanked 42 Times in 39 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Sorry, misread your first post - so the lead that connects the ipod, that is run from the back and where do you have access to it? Is it ran past the handbrake to the armrest like most (including myself) have done with the xcarlink unit?
Type 666 is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 24th February 2014, 16:28
Supporter
 
Fikerz's Avatar
 
Car: 2013 C-Max
Join Date: 7th June 2012
Location: Aberdeenshire, Scotland GB
Posts: 231
Thanks: 11
Thanked 26 Times in 22 Posts
iTrader: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Type 666 View Post
Sorry, misread your first post - so the lead that connects the ipod, that is run from the back and where do you have access to it? Is it ran past the handbrake to the armrest like most (including myself) have done with the xcarlink unit?
The lead for the ipod comes with the 950BT head unit and is connected to the back of the head unit and comes out the bottom of the centre console in the passenger footwell where it is connected to my ipod. there is no need to use an xcarlink unit, that is a completely seperate unit for connecting an ipod to the aux input on the back of a standard oem stereo.
Fikerz is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 24th February 2014, 22:49 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **
 
Car: 2008 Type S GT 2.2
Join Date: 4th November 2011
Location: Cork IE
Posts: 551
Thanks: 11
Thanked 42 Times in 39 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikerz View Post
The lead for the ipod comes with the 950BT head unit and is connected to the back of the head unit and comes out the bottom of the centre console in the passenger footwell where it is connected to my ipod. there is no need to use an xcarlink unit, that is a completely seperate unit for connecting an ipod to the aux input on the back of a standard oem stereo.
Oh yeah I know - just wondering if that was the same set-up with the ipod cable w/the Double Din.

I have an xcarlink, great little unit, has served me very well, but I want the Double Din. Badly! Ha Ha!

Thanks for your replies bud!
Type 666 is offline  
Reply

  Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Head Unit Fitting double din - handbrake/ Ipod cable question Warwick1984 Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G) 23 5th April 2013 23:12
Head Unit How and how much can I get from this Double DIN adapter,Double DIN head unit fascia, sanyo Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G) 5 13th December 2009 12:04

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome