Other Griffin RoadTrip with Smartscan - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 8th February 2008, 05:42 Thread Starter

Griffin RoadTrip with Smartscan

Right so am leaning away from installing a denison as I'd have to remove panels, which I'd rather not do as my car is a company car.

Been doing plenty of searching, and as much as I dislike fm transmitters, I found this new one from Griffin......

Griffin Technology: RoadTrip with SmartScan

The main thing I like is the way the power cable is actully like a flexible stand, which will act as a 'dock' (btw I've an ipod touch).
Won't be getting great sound quality but seeing as taking apart the dash is off the cards I'll go for this.

I emailed Griffin and asked when it would be out in Europe, they said hopefully sometime this month. I could get it straight from them in the US but their FM frequencies are slightly off ours (88.1 - 107.?).

I'll post back when I do get it and let you all know how it goes.......and if anyoe else gets one before me, let me know how it is
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 8th February 2008, 07:26
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyijk View Post
Right so am leaning away from installing a denison as I'd have to remove panels, which I'd rather not do as my car is a company car.

Been doing plenty of searching, and as much as I dislike fm transmitters, I found this new one from Griffin......

Griffin Technology: RoadTrip with SmartScan

The main thing I like is the way the power cable is actully like a flexible stand, which will act as a 'dock' (btw I've an ipod touch).
Won't be getting great sound quality but seeing as taking apart the dash is off the cards I'll go for this.

I emailed Griffin and asked when it would be out in Europe, they said hopefully sometime this month. I could get it straight from them in the US but their FM frequencies are slightly off ours (88.1 - 107.?).

I'll post back when I do get it and let you all know how it goes.......and if anyoe else gets one before me, let me know how it is
Belkin has one similar which is called Belkin Tunebase with Clearscan. There is one seller from US selling it on ebay for 40 (incl delivery). But I have also seen it in UK Apple Store for nearly twice the price.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 8th February 2008, 12:47
Wine and cooking !

Car: 2008, Grey Mica 1.5 Materia
Look like a nice product... but does it work with other MP3 players ?

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 8th February 2008, 12:52
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by l-noel View Post
Look like a nice product... but does it work with other MP3 players ?
I think it is mainly for the ipod. It includes multiple cradles to fit any docking ipod.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 8th February 2008, 13:07
Wine and cooking !

Car: 2008, Grey Mica 1.5 Materia
Shame... I maybe shall buy one I-pod first
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 26th July 2008, 21:58
Supporter

Not sure this is the same model but due to a fantastic price of less than a fiver I sent off for one. Works fine, with the extension socket it can be laid across the central slidy bit over the front cupholders but upside down, in a sense. The quality is certainly not up to what a connects2 would provide, but for a fiver and postage of 2 quid it means I do not have to remove my dash and I can play my iPod on the rare occasions I want to, even watch a movie with the soundtrack through the car stereo while parked and waiting for the Mrs to do the shopping

GRIFFIN ROADTRIP ALL IN 1 IPOD CHARGER + FM*::*iPOD - iPhone Acc*::*iPOD-iPhone/MP3/4+Acc*::*UKDVDR.co.uk
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 26th July 2008, 23:26
TYPE R GT (R-15016)

I bought one for 10 of ebay last week...............not fantastic but passible
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 27th July 2008, 11:46

be weary of products made by Griffin..i work in a store where we sell a big selection of griffin transmitters, problems they have is that when you slide it into the cig lighter, pulling it out pulls the whole cig lighter mechanism with it. i had one which actually broke into the cig lighter so its useless. gona pop down to honda see if they can pull the bit out
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 27th July 2008, 12:01
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawaid View Post
be weary of products made by Griffin..i work in a store where we sell a big selection of griffin transmitters, problems they have is that when you slide it into the cig lighter, pulling it out pulls the whole cig lighter mechanism with it. i had one which actually broke into the cig lighter so its useless. gona pop down to honda see if they can pull the bit out
Yes, I noticed it was a tight fit and always hold the edge of the lighter socket as I remove the RoadTrip. Good point.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 27th July 2008, 22:29
Bournemouth Belle

Car: 2017 BMW Z4 Silver
Hi all,

I have just bought the smartscan itrip (from a site called datakits) as I am not technically minded so dennison link etc are 'out' for me and I've got fed up playing CDs. I have got a video ipod and was wondering if there is a way I can actually play videos in the car thru it?

TBH I'm expecting the answer to be no....
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 28th July 2008, 09:13
Supporter

My Belkin did that on my old car - the spring fell into the hole, touched the live parts and promptly melted taking the fuse with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawaid View Post
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 28th July 2008, 22:23
FWH
Supporter

Car: MX-5, C6 Vette & MB S212
Thanked 1,029 Times in 772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lippy View Post
Hi all,

I have just bought the smartscan itrip (from a site called datakits) as I am not technically minded so dennison link etc are 'out' for me and I've got fed up playing CDs. I have got a video ipod and was wondering if there is a way I can actually play videos in the car thru it?

TBH I'm expecting the answer to be no....
Do you mean transmitting them through the itrip to the satnav screen?

If so, the answer is no.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page