AUX in 06 Aux interface - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 5th March 2014, 09:57 Thread Starter

Car: 2006 DSI-se Cosmic Grey
06 Aux interface

What fun I had yesterday! I must say, it wasn't as easy as I expected considering years ago I used to fit car stereos and fix electrical issues.

I finally got all the panels off and got to the head unit to plug the aux in (20m). I got one of these kits from Amazon and it didn't work... Grrrr...

All that to find out it was faulty! Well I took it all out and put everything back to where it should be. My tip is to be patient as it was a bit harder putting back then taking it apart. I did snap one clip in the process but it's thankfully ok!

After doing a bit more research on the options there are, I've opted for a different bit of kit. It's a bit more expensive but I think it will be worth it.

Honda - Aux-in adapter kit [GROM-AUX3-HON] : Carputer-Shop | iPod Car Kits | Aux Adapters

I think it will be worth the extra but I'll keep you posted.

NOTE: Top tip, get a panel tool. You can get them fairly cheap. I'm not sure if Halfords do them but if not, Amazon do a set. Don't just go in there with screw drivers or you'll do damage to your panels. I've seen some nasty ones on YouTube!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 5th March 2014, 12:39
Supporter

Car: 2008 CTR GT, Milano
I agree about being a pain to take panels off but if you take your time and use the right tools you will get there.

I used this kit from connects2 :

Connects2 CTVHOX002 Honda Accord, Civic, Jazz, S2000 Aux Interface Adaptor

All i wanted was an aux in for phone and spotify and works seamlessly, and this kit comes supplied with y cable too for sat nav versions.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 5th March 2014, 19:54
Supporter

Car: 2008 Type S GT 2.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrismix103 View Post
What fun I had yesterday! I must say, it wasn't as easy as I expected considering years ago I used to fit car stereos and fix electrical issues.

I finally got all the panels off and got to the head unit to plug the aux in (20m). I got one of these kits from Amazon and it didn't work... Grrrr...

Car USB MP3 AUX CD Changer Interface for Honda 2.4: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

All that to find out it was faulty! Well I took it all out and put everything back to where it should be. My tip is to be patient as it was a bit harder putting back then taking it apart. I did snap one clip in the process but it's thankfully ok!

After doing a bit more research on the options there are, I've opted for a different bit of kit. It's a bit more expensive but I think it will be worth it.

Honda - Aux-in adapter kit [GROM-AUX3-HON] : Carputer-Shop | iPod Car Kits | Aux Adapters

I think it will be worth the extra but I'll keep you posted.

NOTE: Top tip, get a panel tool. You can get them fairly cheap. I'm not sure if Halfords do them but if not, Amazon do a set. Don't just go in there with screw drivers or you'll do damage to your panels. I've seen some nasty ones on YouTube!
Not trying to be a smart-ass, but you did press the mode button on the steering wheel to get the aux device working?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 5th March 2014, 20:58
Type EX,A guy called Mark

Car: 2015 Peugeot 208 GTI, 208BHP
This is why I don't take the panels off or remove the stereo, easier to reach in from underneath once you remove the centre console.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page