Head Unit Radio volume. - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11th March 2008, 22:48 Thread Starter
Supporter

Radio volume.

I do not often have the radio on as reception is not that good. However every now and then when I press the on/off switch the radio "appears" to be dead but in actual fact the volume as been reduced to zero without me doing anything. Normally when you switch it on the volume is the same as when you last used it. It has happened several times.... any ideas why?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11th March 2008, 23:12
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by St Thomas View Post
I do not often have the radio on as reception is not that good. However every now and then when I press the on/off switch the radio "appears" to be dead but in actual fact the volume as been reduced to zero without me doing anything. Normally when you switch it on the volume is the same as when you last used it. It has happened several times.... any ideas why?
The knob with the switch and regulation is (usually) one unit, and if it does what it does in your radio, it will probably need replacement. Could also be a power supply problem (such as loose connectors on the back of the unit). One way or the other - that's a trip to the dealer
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12th March 2008, 00:58
Supporter

Car: 2014 1.6 i-Dtec SR, Red
Mine has always done that, but it happens so rarely it doesn't bother me.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page