AUX in Dension Gateway 100 - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 18th March 2008, 22:32 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2012 Honda CRV
Dension Gateway 100

Ok, Guys, call me dumb, but.... I have read all the threads - well the ones I can find. But I can't find an idiots guide to using the above with the non sat nav dash and steering wheel controls. The help in the book is poor as it is translated very badly.

So far I have pushed and pushed and pushed and held a wide variation of buttons, but can't quite work out what is doing what. I have managed to play a range of tracks, and albums (by author) but I have no idea how I have achieved this.

Any one help me??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 21st March 2008, 13:45
Supporter

I do agree that the manual is utter crap.

i'll try and explain how to make it work, i personally use the ipod gateway interface as my ipod is located in the glovebox and the ipod user interface is useless to me.

When you first switch to the dension unit, disc 5 is the default number that comes up on your screen, you need to get into your mind that the disc numbers means the following

disc 1 - playlist select
disc 2 - artist select
disc 3 - album select
disc 4 - nothing
disc 5 - parking/playing mode, plays selected playlist,artist,album.
disc 6 - selecting input - 3.5mm, ipod user interface, gateway interface, optional bluetooth.

so for example you had 3 playlists in your ipod, A, B, C and you wanted to play playlist B, you'll have to navigate to Disc 1, and since playlist B would be the second in your order you'll have to select track 2 and then hold down >> on the headunit to select that list. (note while your selecting playlists, the first song is played so you'll know which list your gonna select). You'll also notice that there is an extra playlist after your last one, that is a play all playlist.

disc 2 (artist select) and 3 (album select) is similar in function but using artists and albums as playlists and it starts in alphabetical order.

to select the mode the gateway is in you need to navigate to disc 6 and choose track 1 (3.5mm), track 2 (ipod user interface), track 3 (ipod gateway inferface) and after selecting the track hold down >> to select it.

That's the basic's of using the gateway 100 =)

Seik
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 22nd March 2008, 19:27 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Car: 2012 Honda CRV
Thanks for the guide, I have worked out some of the operations but they seem a bit hap-hazard to me . I'm sure I'll get there.
Is the >> the button on the HU or do I hold the > button on the steering wheel

cheers tony c

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 2nd October 2008, 13:20
m77

Quote:
When you first switch to the dension unit, disc 5 is the default number that comes up on your screen, you need to get into your mind that the disc numbers means the following

disc 1 - playlist select
disc 2 - artist select
disc 3 - album select
disc 4 - nothing
disc 5 - parking/playing mode, plays selected playlist,artist,album.
disc 6 - selecting input - 3.5mm, ipod user interface, gateway interface, optional bluetooth.

so for example you had 3 playlists in your ipod, A, B, C and you wanted to play playlist B, you'll have to navigate to Disc 1, and since playlist B would be the second in your order you'll have to select track 2 and then hold down >> on the headunit to select that list. (note while your selecting playlists, the first song is played so you'll know which list your gonna select). You'll also notice that there is an extra playlist after your last one, that is a play all playlist.

disc 2 (artist select) and 3 (album select) is similar in function but using artists and albums as playlists and it starts in alphabetical order.

to select the mode the gateway is in you need to navigate to disc 6 and choose track 1 (3.5mm), track 2 (ipod user interface), track 3 (ipod gateway inferface) and after selecting the track hold down >> to select it.
sorry guys, I want to purchase gateway 300 but I have a very stupid question:
I see all this operations (change playlist, artist selection) on my radio display (standard, no NAV) or I need to "keep in mind" where I am??

thanks and sorry for my bad eng.

m77
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 16th January 2009, 11:20

Have people been able to get the CD Text up on the screen, as all I seem to get is CD and then the CD and track numbers used to navigate. I thought it was possible to get the names on the screen.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 16th January 2009, 12:01
The Talented Mr. Robbieee

Car: Ford Fiesta Zetec S
You only need to post your question once dude, i answered in the other dension thread...
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 14th February 2009, 04:47

text display

Hi Robbieee,

sorry to ask about this again .. i couldnt locate the thread that help to resolve the text display problem.

can you kindly share the steps again.

cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbieee View Post
You only need to post your question once dude, i answered in the other dension thread...
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 14th February 2009, 07:34
The Talented Mr. Robbieee

Car: Ford Fiesta Zetec S
Don't worry about it. If it's the tag info your after, I am afraid it's not possible on the civic. It's not supported on any commercially available iPod adaptor. Maybe in the future.... I am constantly on the look out cos I think the track info would be a nice feature!

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page