AUX in Help fitting connects2 please! - Civinfo
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 29th March 2008, 10:57 Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 26th June 2007
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Help fitting connects2 please!

This should be a quick answer I think.

I want to connect my ipod with the connects2 box.

I have read the threads on getting into the dash, which I think I could manage.

Can the box be connected by doing this or do I also need to follow the instructions to get to the back of the radio?

This seems to involve complete removal. I was hoping there would be enough space created on removing the dash to fit my hand up and make the connection.

Regards

Swizzler
swizzler is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 29th March 2008, 11:18
Supporter
 
sallytraffic's Avatar
 
Join Date: 7th January 2008
Location: Sale, UK ENGLAND
Posts: 514
Thanks: 15
Thanked 20 Times in 19 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzler View Post
This should be a quick answer I think.

I want to connect my ipod with the connects2 box.

I have read the threads on getting into the dash, which I think I could manage.

Can the box be connected by doing this or do I also need to follow the instructions to get to the back of the radio?

This seems to involve complete removal. I was hoping there would be enough space created on removing the dash to fit my hand up and make the connection.

Regards

Swizzler
Not an answer yet, Swizzler, I am sure one will arrive soon, but I was wondering exactly the same thing. Thanks for posting.
sallytraffic is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 29th March 2008, 19:45
Supporter
 
Join Date: 23rd October 2006
Location: Rotherham, South Yorkshire ENGLAND
Posts: 437
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzler View Post
This should be a quick answer I think.

I want to connect my ipod with the connects2 box.

I have read the threads on getting into the dash, which I think I could manage.

Can the box be connected by doing this or do I also need to follow the instructions to get to the back of the radio?

This seems to involve complete removal. I was hoping there would be enough space created on removing the dash to fit my hand up and make the connection.

Regards

Swizzler

Hi there Swizzler,

Bad news, in order to fit the Connects 2 box you do need to take out the radio, there just isn't enough room to connect it without removing the radio.

On the positive side though, once you have taken the centre console out there isn't much more to do, just be careful removing the piece of plastic between the top of the radio and the radio display as this can be a bit of a pain in the a**e.

If you have any questions please ask, I have done this many many times.

Joe
JoeyF is offline  
 
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 30th March 2008, 00:13
 
Join Date: 29th March 2008
Posts: 41
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: (0)
its radio out only dude.if u fit the genuine honda i pod kit it also works on the i phone.
jimventura is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 30th March 2008, 13:24 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **
 
Join Date: 26th June 2007
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyF View Post
Hi there Swizzler,

Bad news, in order to fit the Connects 2 box you do need to take out the radio, there just isn't enough room to connect it without removing the radio.

On the positive side though, once you have taken the centre console out there isn't much more to do, just be careful removing the piece of plastic between the top of the radio and the radio display as this can be a bit of a pain in the a**e.

If you have any questions please ask, I have done this many many times.

Joe

Thanks for the replies guys .... even if it wasn't the one I wanted!

But I might give it a go anyway.

Thanks again

Swizzler
swizzler is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 30th March 2008, 14:20
Supporter
 
Join Date: 23rd October 2006
Location: Rotherham, South Yorkshire ENGLAND
Posts: 437
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzler View Post
Thanks for the replies guys .... even if it wasn't the one I wanted!

But I might give it a go anyway.

Thanks again

Swizzler
Try it, it looks a lot more complex than it actually is.

Joe
JoeyF is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 3rd April 2008, 19:33
 
richy_ctr's Avatar
 
Join Date: 21st March 2008
Location: wrexham WALES
Posts: 125
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
iTrader: (2)
Hi

Managed to connect the connects2 box without removing the stereo, bit fiddly but worth the scraped hand to avoid removing the stereo,

Took me 2 hours in all

I've got a type r so to remove the panel around the gearstick you have to unscrew the gear nob and collar to remove it completely.

Other than that pretty straight forward
richy_ctr is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 3rd April 2008, 20:46
 
Join Date: 27th March 2007
Posts: 66
Thanks: 8
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: (0)
can you update on the method on how you got into back off the radio without removing it?
rogie is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 3rd April 2008, 21:37
 
richy_ctr's Avatar
 
Join Date: 21st March 2008
Location: wrexham WALES
Posts: 125
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
iTrader: (2)
just stick your hand behind to find where the plug goes into, make sure that the release clip on the plug is on top and reach in and prod about till it goes in, all depends on how dextrous you are, not everyone will be able to do it
richy_ctr is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 22nd April 2008, 08:54
 
Join Date: 24th February 2008
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by richy_ctr View Post
just stick your hand behind to find where the plug goes into, make sure that the release clip on the plug is on top and reach in and prod about till it goes in, all depends on how dextrous you are, not everyone will be able to do it
Too true.. I tried for approx 10 minutes, then gave up and undid the whole of the centre dash to properly get to the back of the radio. Your hand must be super flexible

It is not that much additional work to get the radio out once you have the dash open already.

Cheers
Max
mmmaxxx is offline  
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 22nd April 2008, 08:58
Supporter
 
Car: Mazda MX-5 (lightly modded)
Join Date: 1st July 2007
Location: GB GB
Posts: 15,644
Thanks: 1,166
Thanked 1,546 Times in 1,415 Posts
iTrader: (8)
Well done
robbo51 is offline  
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 22nd April 2008, 13:27
 
Join Date: 1st April 2008
Location: Aveiro, Portugal PT
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: (0)
I dont know if this adapter is compatible with civic 2006 5dr


- Connects2 CTVHOX001 - Aux Adapter - Honda
bogzao is offline  
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 22nd April 2008, 20:55
 
Join Date: 24th February 2008
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: (0)
bogzao, yes, this is what I just fit into my European Civic 2.2 iCTDI Sport (year 2007).
mmmaxxx is offline  
Reply

  Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AUX in Connects2 rogie Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G) 11 31st May 2008 21:48
AUX in Connects2 Box Bosco Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G) 3 20th March 2008 14:28
AUX in connects2 rogie Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G) 1 16th March 2008 23:23
AUX in connects2 box darks0l Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G) 15 15th November 2007 12:21
AUX in Connects2 USB Jabberwocky Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G) 15 17th July 2007 16:59

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome