Built in CD CD Player - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 3rd April 2008, 18:41 Thread Starter

CD Player

Having recently purchased a 2.2 SE that was only registered in September 07 I am pretty much dissapointed with the CD player. It should, I believe display the album name, track currently being played etc but never does. On raising this issue with my dealer I am informed that it only displays mp3 burns etc and not the pre-recorded CD's. No matter what I play from a shop bought latest eagles album to CD's burned from my PC it shows zilch!! And I reckon my dealer is fobbing me off. Help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 3rd April 2008, 18:47
Mondeo Mann is here!!

Car: 59 Mondeo Zetec S TDCi
It will show some mainstream albums. A couple of mine show all the info but not many, haven't tried any MP3 CD's yet. The ones that show info on my player are Michael Buble, Evanesense and from what i can remember Russel Watson, but only their latest albums. I think it depends on the music label there produced under to be honest and what info the manufacturer puts on the disc
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 3rd April 2008, 18:49

thats nothing to do with the CD, when a track in burnt to a CD it needs IDE tags, if when the CD is burnt by the company these are not added then they will not display on the CD head unit

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 3rd April 2008, 18:50
Lord of JAE.....

Car: 58' NHB Type R-GT
MY CD shows all the track names - BUT only on my WMA/MP3 discs (my WMA hold 140+ tracks), any proper CD's it doesn't want to do it similarly.

How long do you leave the CD in to read, as mine will play before it displays the names.

Tom
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 3rd April 2008, 18:52
Supporter

Car: 2007 1.8 EX Galaxy grey
I think the CD needs to support CD-TEXT, which is the title, artist & song titles are somehow saved on the CD. Quite a few home Hi-Fi systems support this & show the deatils on a LCD screen, but not many CDs have it included. It seems to depend on whether the record label bother. Any CDs released on a Sony record label usually have it, most others seem not to. I expect this is because they also make the hardware. See if you have any Sony published CDs & try them in your car CD player.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 3rd April 2008, 20:34
Supporter

I ripped 5 shop bought CD's onto a single CD, turning it to mp3 format last night.
Tried it out on my travels today and the albumn name, song title and singer shows on the sat nav screen. I used XP media player to do the ripping, then Nero to copy to a CD RW.
I couldn't get my head around seperating each CD into its own albumn file though, so have over 100 songs in no particular order.
Any advise guys, - Having copied and saved on the PC, do I drag and drop the whole CD file. I dragged and dropped every song one by one, so the little yellow file icon on the sat nav screen , just shows the one .

Last edited by Jack The Lad.; 3rd April 2008 at 20:38.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 3rd April 2008, 21:03
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack The Lad. View Post
I ripped 5 shop bought CD's onto a single CD, turning it to mp3 format last night.
Tried it out on my travels today and the albumn name, song title and singer shows on the sat nav screen. I used XP media player to do the ripping, then Nero to copy to a CD RW.
I couldn't get my head around seperating each CD into its own albumn file though, so have over 100 songs in no particular order.
Any advise guys, - Having copied and saved on the PC, do I drag and drop the whole CD file. I dragged and dropped every song one by one, so the little yellow file icon on the sat nav screen , just shows the one .
Hi JTL,

Make folders on the CD and give them the album name then drag and drop the MP3's or WMA's (all at once) into each folder.

Hope this helps...

Cheers,

Bob...
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 3rd April 2008, 21:30

I rip each cd to a folder in my music on my pc, which I call ripped cd, so I end up with one top level folder called ripped cd, with the individual ripped cd's in this folder each in individual folders.

I then select the top level folder (ripped cd) when I burn the cd, this then creates a cd with each cd I have burned in individual folders so when they play they are in effect separate CD's, hope this is not too confusing, although I think there may be a wiki on this that explains it a bit better.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 3rd April 2008, 21:37
Supporter

Thanks guys, I do believe that you have both shown me the light.
I may need to call upon you again though.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 29th May 2008, 13:32

Tags

I've posted this on the sticky but as this thread is current, here goes:-

There is a little program called Tag & Rename from a US company called Softpointer. As it is priced in dollars it comes out at 16. With it, you can add tags where there are none, edit existing ones, all in batch processing including downloading the info from the web.

Regarding ripping; there are settings in the standard MS programs on what info to add to the files as you rip.

Hope this helps...
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 29th May 2008, 15:25

I also have a couple of very useful FREE tools when ripping cd's
Itunes - I find this really good at organising my media library (some 4000 songs)
MP3 Gain - Allows you to adjust the volume of all MP3's
ITLU (Itunes Library Updater) - Useful to ensure that any changes to the Itunes Library is replicated correctly.
MP3 Tag - Tag Editor
Thanks to rgreening from:
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 2nd June 2008, 12:58
Supporter

You also need to press the button to the left of the CD slot to get track names.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page