Other Best Ipod EQ settings with Honda adaptor?? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 5th April 2008, 15:48 Thread Starter
Supporter

Best Ipod EQ settings with Honda adaptor??

I noticed a 'crackling' on certain tracks that almost sounded like a poor speaker connection.

I now think it might due to what EQ setting you select on the Ipod. Some of the settings totally distort the bass, no EQ makes it sound really tinny.

What are other peoples views on the best Ipod EQ settings to use with the Honda Ipod adaptor?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 5th April 2008, 16:29

I have got the same problem really crackles on the passenger side, lowering the bass does improve things. Speakers are ok when on radio and cd.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 5th April 2008, 18:34 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

I would say its the passenger side too. I'd take it back to the dealer, but I know they're going to sit there and say they can't hear it. It's only at certain times and quite difficult to track down - but does it all the time so very annoying.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 5th April 2008, 19:15

last post got me thinking - have you tried a different ipod? I have been using a old one as the battery will not hold a charge and it is quite bad, tried a different one and no crackles. It also crackled if you moved the cable does yours still crackle when the car is stationary?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 9th April 2008, 13:58
Civic gone, not forgotten

Car: Pug 4007, 308CC, Clio dci
Mine does similar, but only on track changes and if the TP fuction has interrupted the Ipod.

I think it is due to the ipod having to access the hard drive to get more song info to refill the cache. My Ipod is a 5th Gen 30gb.
I have only noticed it since the last two or so Ipod firmware updates. Perhaps Apple have changed the power management to increase battery life.
However it appears less obvious if the EQ is set to 'off'
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 9th April 2008, 14:08
pjr
Supporter

Car: Mk VII Golf GTI
Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunt View Post
I noticed a 'crackling' on certain tracks that almost sounded like a poor speaker connection.

I now think it might due to what EQ setting you select on the Ipod. Some of the settings totally distort the bass, no EQ makes it sound really tinny.

What are other peoples views on the best Ipod EQ settings to use with the Honda Ipod adaptor?
I have mine set to Bass Boost (or something like that - not got my iPod with me at the moment)

I couldn't verify without trying it, whether it sounds any different through the car speakers than through the headphones. Does it just happen when playing the iPod in the car ?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 9th April 2008, 15:18 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Yes, just in the car. I used to use it in my previous car going theough the Aux in and there were nevere any quality issues.

I tried bass boost and that does seem to work quite well, as well as 'small speakers' but it's odd that there is interference type crackle when using the Ipod.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10th April 2008, 09:24
Civic gone, not forgotten

Car: Pug 4007, 308CC, Clio dci
The interference crackle is definitely the Ipod trying to cache as if you skip track forward and back, it magically disappears!! In worst cases, mine will play fast or stutter. Aux in will not start and stop the ipod. I think when it is on random, the head unit chooses the next track so the ipod cannot cache, whereas on aux in the ipod chooses the next track so can cache it ahead.
Resetting the Ipod helps for a bit.

Last edited by alanwalne; 10th April 2008 at 09:26. Reason: More info

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page