2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

iTrip will not work!

Technical 
4K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  battersea 
#1 ·
Ok, first post on the site and and (sorry about this :oops:) but I'm looking for help.

Just bought a Griffin iTrip SE to work with my iPod Touch and no matter which spare channel I tune it to it will not last any more than 40 seconds without the radio searching for another station.

Griffin Technology: iTrip

Decided to dig out my old Nano which also has an iTrip adaptor and which worked perfectly in my last car but again with no luck.

Incidently it's an '06 Civic with the Sat Nav head and cd changer built in, i-CTDi.

Have moved the iPod all round the car, including at the back where the aerial is supposed to be but to no avail.

Am I missing something, due you need to make any changes to the radio settings?
Or do I give up and try another FM transmitter and hope I have better luck?

Any suggestions welcome.

See less See more
#2 ·
Ok, first post on the site and and (sorry about this :oops:) but I'm looking for help.

Just bought a Griffin iTrip SE to work with my iPod Touch and no matter which spare channel I tune it to it will not last any more than 40 seconds without the radio searching for another station.

Decided to dig out my old Nano which also has an iTrip adaptor and which worked perfectly in my last car but again with no luck.

Incidently it's an '06 Civic with the Sat Nav head and cd changer built in, i-CTDi.

Have moved the iPod all round the car, including at the back where the aerial is supposed to be but to no avail.

Any suggestions welcome.
Sounds to me that you stereo is not picking up a strong enough signal from your itrip. There will be an option to switch this off on your stereo so that it doesnt search for a stronger signal. Your usual manual is the best bet...

#3 ·
Welcome!

We are here to help so no need for appologies.

Not sure, but can you turn off some of the RDS functions so it does not start searching when it thinks the signal is weak?

#4 ·
Does the stereo have an "AF" function? This means alternative frequency and if it's switched on and the stereo decides the signal isn't strong enough it automatically looks for a stronger one. My Sony head unit in my old car did this...

#8 ·

Any suggestions welcome.
Make sure your Radio is not on Auto search mode.

Mine works fine, you have to tune your radio to a signal that has no interference. Then press and hold the number station you want to set it in, say No. 6. until it bleeps.
The station has now been set. :D
Make sure the station is then set on the itrip display by pressing set to hold the station and you are done :D

Hope this helps

#12 ·
Another tip - if you have TA/TP option on, your radio will automatically retune to a channel with Traffic Info.

I never got the itrip to generate a strong enough signal for Civic crappy reception... Even our local radio station has got very patchy reception. Hope you have more luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.