AUX in Dice iPhone iPod Car Kit recomendations!!!? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 7th May 2008, 12:12 Thread Starter

Dice iPhone iPod Car Kit recomendations!!!?

Hi

Im looking to fit some sort of ipod/iphone car kit in my car has anyone installed this one in the link below.

Honda - DICE iPod Car Kit | Dension ice>Link Plus iPod Car Kit | iPod Car Kit Direct

Problem is i want to be able to control my ipod through the ipod as i dont like using playlists and all that malarky, although it would be handy to be able to just skip a track forwards backwards through the car stereo, ive been reading a lot and noticed that you have to make play lists for some of them.

In my old car i just had an auxilary cable that cost 7 quid plugged into the back of the stereo and then into the ipod as a 3.5mm head jack i would perhaps like something like that but with a cradle which charges the ipod.

Anyone got any recomendations, the radio is doing my head in and my CD burner on my computer is knackered so cant even make mp3 discs.

Ta

Ash
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 7th May 2008, 14:47
Supporter

Ive just fitted the dension gateway 100 (see the post http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how/101...nstall-ex.html) I have use my iphone to select the music i want however all steering wheel controls also work, so best of both worlds!

This device is not just limited for iphones, the cradle comes with adaptors for every single ipod ever made (i believe - theres alot of adaptors!)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 7th May 2008, 19:02 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Does this also work with a normal ipod classic as i have all my music on the ipod and my essential listening stuff on my iphone. The ipod is more or less just left in the car. With that dension do you have to create playlists or anything like that as i dont want to do that if using the controls through the steering wheel.

Thanks

Ash

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 8th May 2008, 11:47
Supporter

I should do, it works with my iphone and my girl friends nano but i have not got a classic to check. The Dension website says it does (it does not mention the iPhone yet it works perfectly!):

Products

You do not have to create playlists. You use the ipod to select what music you want to play, however you can skip forward/back tracks using the steering wheel, an added bonus! I would not have bought this is you could only play playlists (like the honda ipod cable) as like yourself i did not want the hassle!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 8th May 2008, 17:47 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Cool thanks for the info been really helpfull !!! need to find someone who has it installed and have a play about.

Thanks

Ash
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 9th May 2008, 17:17

Honda - DICE iPod Car Kit

Hi everyone has anyone installed this adapter Honda DICE iPod Car Kit & is it the one that Honda use & is it any good

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page