AUX in Honda Ipod Connection & Iphone (a solution) - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 10th May 2008, 18:42 Thread Starter

Honda Ipod Connection & Iphone (a solution)

Hi, ive got the official honda ipod connection in my civic and an iphone and as many of you know they dont get on all that well as the error display comes up on the honda when you plug them in. eventually it does work if you keep the error message flashing long enought and you can control the iphone as an ipod and all works fine.

so i thought there must be some thing that trigers it to start working and ive got a routein of making it work every time now. here goes.

name play lists Honda1 - Honda9 (must be cap H and no gap between honda and number) (i pintched that off another thread)

put your music in to the play lists. as many as you want 100+ is fine

the when u get in the car select a track on one of the play lists and play it. (not from car, do it strait from your iphone)

then plug in your iphone and it will say accessory attached.

the civic will look for the iphone and the '9' will be flashing on the display.... wait..... then it will say error....... then cycle through your sources my pressing the button on your wheel until you get back to the ipod input.... wait... the music should play and its just like the ipod... if it dosent then repeat what ive just said.....

this works now 9/10 times first time for me...

hope that helps...

ollie
Thanks to disturbedbob from:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 22nd May 2008, 12:16

Sounds good..

Does the iPhone lock the controls when attached to the connector?
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 15th July 2008, 19:15

I am not dead but well aware of what to do to me what someone may say more clear. then what happens is not able to read the names of the playlist. as we must then call them if so. thanks

post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 22nd July 2008, 22:13

Thanks for that, wasnt even going to bother setting up my new iphone or trying it with the honda adapter as I plugged it in once and got an error. This works fine. Also, the only part of the phone locked is the ipod so can still make/recieve calls etc which is good. If listening to a song and you recieve a call, the music fades out and your ring tone fades in over the speakers. I then just answer the phone in loud speaker mode and works spot on as hands free!

Thanks again
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 27th November 2008, 20:43

Same problem for me.
I have better solution if no one found it already.
Set Ipod to standby mode and connect it before you give contact in car. I even connect Ipod before I put key in.
Works for me 18 of 20 times

Hope this will work for you too... Send a reply if you try.
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 16th December 2008, 00:31

does anyone have a solution for the iPhone 3G with 2.2 firmware. I've got it working twice randomly, the solutions in this thread dont seem to work, apart from the 2 times it worked the rest of the time it just goes to ERROR and stays that way. Everytime i plug in the official Honda iPod adapter into my iPhone it asks me if i want to turn on airplane mode.
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 16th December 2008, 07:35

Seems like we all (who use ipod touch or iphone 2.1 or 2.2 ) have similar problem. Recently, every time i connect Ipod touch i got to make it work. Before that I just get err. Last time i succeeded after 20 Km of driving. Grrrr. I hate this, and every solution "stopped" working.

Last edited by Sharpshooter; 16th December 2008 at 08:07.
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 16th December 2008, 09:45

What is really annoying here, is that when the display says error, you can press and hold the iPhones home button for six seconds, and the iPod screen is "unlocked" for a little while, allowing to select and play music over the car speakers.. But then after a short while, the iPod is locked again.

I was wondering if it would be possible to break some of the pins in the cable (through an adapter or something) in order to disable the ipod screen lock. I would be perfectly happy if the iPhone could be controlled only on the iPhone (sacrificing the steering wheel controls).

Another annoying thing - it is possible to have other sound passed on from the iPhone to the car - try starting a game or similar while it says error on the car display.
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 16th December 2008, 17:36

well i am glad i am not the only one having trouble getting it to work regularly or at all. Sitting in the drive for 10minutes before leaving trying to get it to work isn't fun, most of the time i end up just putting a CD on now. Oh well at least it still charges my iPhone, if anyone finds a solution please post it here.
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 17th December 2008, 18:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendinho View Post
well i am glad i am not the only one having trouble getting it to work regularly or at all. Sitting in the drive for 10minutes before leaving trying to get it to work isn't fun, most of the time i end up just putting a CD on now. Oh well at least it still charges my iPhone, if anyone finds a solution please post it here.
No, it's not fun at all. I don't know if Apple know for this (i'm sure they do), but will they solve it with 2.3 version...
Do you know any better forum for complaining to apple's products ?
post #11 of 50 (permalink) Old 18th December 2008, 12:55
Supporter

Car: 2007 5dr 2.2 i-CTDI EX
to me, this honda ipod connector sounds like a waste of time... i had a dension ice link plus setup in my clio and it was fine... with the civic its MP3 CDS all the way!!
post #12 of 50 (permalink) Old 27th December 2008, 16:23

hey fella im havin exactly the same problem with my Touch with the 2.2 update!

worked brilliantly the first time using Honda1 etc. I stopped the car and now its not working at all just ERROR! im glad i'm not the only oen but this seriously sucks as connector was 230 and so was the ipod! im thinkin 460 quid down the pisser which i could have got a set of new alloys with
post #13 of 50 (permalink) Old 28th December 2008, 20:58
Supporter

bought my car last week and have exactly the same problem with my ipod touch, i asked at dealers and they said ipod changed the connectors on the new iphone and touch but will be changing it back when the new ipods come out in feb

seems mine is a waste of money for now then - i cant get it to work at all just some err message
post #14 of 50 (permalink) Old 28th December 2008, 22:52

yea its a joke fella! to be honest im disgusted with Apple. they shouldnt realease products if they are not all compatible and should be told that this wouldnt work or provide another cable. its a lost of money down the pisser
post #15 of 50 (permalink) Old 28th December 2008, 22:58
The Talented Mr. Robbieee

Car: Ford Fiesta Zetec S
buy a dension or dice system. Much better functionality and it actually works!
post #16 of 50 (permalink) Old 28th December 2008, 23:00

yea i looked at your install i think it was but after paying 230 for the honda one in good faith im not best pleased! i even told the dealership which ipod and they never even mentioned compatability issues which is insult to injury
post #17 of 50 (permalink) Old 2nd January 2009, 15:42

Lately I found problem is that Ipod Touch/Iphone is looking to continue the last played song but can't.

Now every time before I disconnect ipod i set it to play 1st song on 1st disc.

1 or 2 clicks on Disc selection button. Next time I connect Ipod I set it to play 1st song from 1st playlist on ipod.

Mostly it works good.

Last edited by Sharpshooter; 2nd January 2009 at 15:44.
post #18 of 50 (permalink) Old 2nd January 2009, 16:32

Apple recommended adaptor

Check out the following link to apple website
Scosche passPORT Car Charging Adapter - Apple Store (U.K.)

they seem to say that this adaptor will solve all probs not just charging - you can get them off ebay too.
post #19 of 50 (permalink) Old 2nd January 2009, 20:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshooter View Post
Seems like we all (who use ipod touch or iphone 2.1 or 2.2 ) have similar problem. Recently, every time i connect Ipod touch i got to make it work. Before that I just get err. Last time i succeeded after 20 Km of driving. Grrrr. I hate this, and every solution "stopped" working.
Mate I have a 1gen iPod touch 2.2 and it functions perfectly!
post #20 of 50 (permalink) Old 2nd January 2009, 22:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergiogon View Post
Mate I have a 1gen iPod touch 2.2 and it functions perfectly!
Yes **, but we have Ipod touch 2G...sorry but it's different from Ipod 1G

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.civinfo.com/forum/ipods-mp3-players-ice-8g/14171-honda-ipod-connection-iphone-solution.html
Posted By For Type Date
www.clubhondacivic.com - Ver Tema - Posible solucion para los que tienen iPhone This thread Refback 16th November 2009 18:17
www.clubhondacivic.com :: Ver tema - Posible solucion para los que tienen iPhone This thread Refback 11th May 2008 22:36