About the installation,
I had to install connects2box so I had to get in dash. That part was piece of cake, because of the great instructions from wiki.
I installed laptop to the pocket behind passengers seat. All wires goes from there under the center part where handbrake, cig-plug and gearstick are. Passenger can still fully move the seat in any position if wanted.
I bought touchscreen, and mounted it to center air vent with brodit mount.
I'm still looking for some kind of plastic thing or something, which hides the visible part of the laptop. So this part is not yet done..
- Laptop: Dell D420 (powerbutton in the left corner, so no need to solder remote start button under the lid)
- OS: Vista 32-bit
- Front-End: CentraFuse 2.0RC2 (very good, final version will be out soon)
- External DVD-player
- USB-adapter (for usb-stick or what ever)
- 20Gb MP3's and movies
- Flash OFDM and HSDPA wireless connections
- Possibility to install gps-software, use phone, sing karaoke
Here's the pics: