Join Date: 20th February 2008
Location: Derby, England
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Finally got round to creating an mp3/wma disc to try in the CD player of my Type S.
As described in other places on the site there were a few things I had to put right like burning the disc as data not multi-media/music and changing the display by holding down the Disp button to get the first 11 characters of the song title/artist then Disp again to get the next 11 but finally I have a disc that does what it should.
I'd made sure that system files were displayed to make sure I didn't copy Thumbs & Desk files over but noticed the album art files (Folder.jpg etc.) that were created by Windows Media Player when I (and other people) ripped the discs. They are hidden files by default and are not readily changed (right-click, properties). After a quick search on the net I found out how to, then created, a batch file (attached) to do the job for me.
The system won't let me upload the file as-is because of the security risk but if you rename the file .bat instead of .txt it will work. If you still don't trust me you can do the work yourself; start wordpad or notepad, write "attrib -r -s -h *.* /S" (without the quotation marks) then saveas unhide (or similar).bat.
The method is fairly simple - put the batch file (or a copy) into the folder containing the files, double click to run it, wait a few seconds and hey presto; usable files.
The warning in the Honda manual holds true - don't put sticky labels on discs - they peel off, particularly in a hot car CD player! But if you want to print a cover to put into the case you'll need the artwork.