Subwoofer sub in my car - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 2nd June 2008, 16:40 Thread Starter

sub in my car

ye so just got a quote from ray smith and they said it will be 400 to get a 450w sub in my car with a built in amp. So i thought thats quite dear and was wondering if i get a sub separetaly for a cheap price and then pay for install.
So do you know if that would work and where i can get a cheap sub with a built-in amp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 2nd June 2008, 16:50

Buy a copy of Max Power as it has the most adverts for ice, then buy the stuff over the phone or on-line. Got mine from ICE-DIRECT. Don't get cheapo amps though, i've blown 3 cheap SPLX - i've now got a kenwood which seems rock solid. I got charged a hundred quid from MRD in Bathgate to install amp and wire up to sony speakers / subs.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 5th June 2008, 21:45
Foglight Covers FORSALE

go for a vibe sub box with built in amp, they are cheap on ebay and around 250 new. wireing kit for 20 and a loc for 4.99 from halfords. should take no more than 2 hours. done mine acouple of weeks ago, brings the stereo to life now.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 6th June 2008, 19:44 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

cheers might do that
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 6th June 2008, 21:39
Civinfo Hobbyist Trader

Hey,

I recently brought this sub and amp setup off Ebay and it was installed in my previous 307. At present it's sat in the living room (yeah, I'm not well loved my the other half at the moment) awaiting fitting into the Civic as and when I decide to use a LOC or more fancy processor.

The amp is here :

KENWOOD KAC 8103D 1CHANNEL MONO 1000W CAR AMP AMPLIFIER on eBay, also Mono, Amplifiers, In-Car Entertainment GPS, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 15-Jun-08 09:31:36 BST)

Subb is here :

Kenwood KFC W3011 1200W Car 12" Sub Speaker box woofer on eBay, also Sub-Woofers Tubes, Speakers, In-Car Entertainment GPS, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 08-Jun-08 06:51:46 BST)

In the Pug once it loosened up it was great, really nice bass and powerful. For me to say this means I was impressed as I used to run 2 x 15" subs in the car I had before the 307 & so was used to low, deep bass.

For the money you cant go wrong, this lot is about 150 with postage. Throw in a wiring kit for say 40, LOC 10 and your there.

It's not a combined unit and in the Pug I built a false floor to house the amp, but for the Civic I am going to bolt the amp on the bass box and use a pair of connectors for power, remote turn on and RCA connections.

Ian
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 18th June 2008, 17:09
Supporter

Just incase its not to late i went for the alpine swd-3000, got it for 136 inc delivery off ebay, think there around 200 new. SWD-3000 - Alpine - Europe - Mobile Media Solutions

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page