Subwoofer Sound system in my civic - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 15th June 2008, 23:08 Thread Starter

Sound system in my civic

Hi..

I want to improve the sound system in my civic, can anyone tell me what I need to buy an get fitted. The sound system isnt great, and I'm well into my music, so want to upgrade my speakers or get an amplifier.. can anyone recommend what I need to buy.. how much it will cost.. an where i can get it done.. I'm in Manchester

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 15th June 2008, 23:41
Supporter

Garage
Hi Have a look at this link:
In Car Entertainment - Civinfo Wiki

for a top end system:
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/ipods-m...cs-inside.html

There is an upgrade for every budget on this site !
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 18th June 2008, 17:02
Supporter

I've just bought all my new gear - eventually!!

I wanted to upgrade all speakers and fit an amp to power them, plus fit a sub which was easily removed.

I went for the alpine swd-3000 as my sub as it already has an amp attached to it (136 inc delivery off ebay): SWD-3000 - Alpine - Europe - Mobile Media Solutions

I have gone for Alpine type s 6.5" components for the front and co-axel's in the rear (124 inc delivery for both from www.caraudiocentre.co.uk : SPS-171A - Alpine - Europe - Mobile Media Solutions & SPS-17C2 - Alpine - Europe - Mobile Media Solutions

These will be powered by the alpine MRP-F300 amp (124 inc delivery from Audio Images - Car Audio, Tracker, Alarms, DVD Video, iPod, MP3) : MRP-F300 - Alpine - Europe - Mobile Media Solutions

I will also need to get a speaker to RCA adaptor (10-20) along with a power lead distributor and fuses etc.

Im planning to mount the speaker amp in the 'hidden' compartment in the boot (the sub amp is on the side of the box)

I hope this helps a bit!

www.caraudiosecurity.com is another good website for parts.
http://www.caraudiohelp.com/ is a good website for help on installation/right fuses/cable guages etc (all instructions are down the right hand side of the web page)
dont forget www.google.co.uk it is your friend!!

Last edited by leeroy1986; 18th June 2008 at 17:05. Reason: Extra info!

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page