Radio I improved my EX Radio experience - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 14th November 2006, 09:51 Thread Starter

I improved my EX Radio experience

I have been complaining about the quality of the radio in my EX for weeks.
For some reason the radio has been terrible at retuning to radio stations as I drive around the country. On my regular trip from Warrington to Barrow I have been manually retuning to the strongest BBC Radio 2 frequency about 8 times on the journey. I have all the correct options set to do this automatically and my deal also checked that it was set up correctly and had the right software version installed.

Today I managed to fix the problem myself by turning something off!!!

When I first bought the car I selected the A-SEL option on the set-up page for the Radio. This seems to find the strongest signals for the area you are in, BUT what is also does is disable the auto tuning to the strongest version of that station as you drive around the country.

Today I drove up to Barrow with A-SEL turned off and the radio was great, retuning all the way automatically. I am now much happier with the radio.

Ian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 14th November 2006, 10:41
Cad
estranged

ooooh!

/runs out to check

...runs back in as AA man hasn't arrived and car is still dead.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 14th November 2006, 17:16
Supporter

A good pointer, I will also check next time get in the car.
I think that I have A-SEL off, but you know what it is, you see something every day and don't think about it.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 14th November 2006, 18:52

Send a message via Yahoo to penfold
I turned this off some time ago with some improvement in the radio. What really improved my radio was the installation of a hands free kit for my mobile, the powered cradle type with a tax disc aerial and seperate mic.

I have driven from Southampton to Cumbria today and Radio 2 stayed in tune all the way with no loss of reception.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 14th November 2006, 19:12
Supporter

You have to explain why you think that this has improved your radio reception!!

Do you think that the mobile aerial is pulling in a stronger signal to the radio? Does it have the same effect even if the mobile is not in the cradle?

If so it might be worth purchasing a similar set up, even if we don't use a mobile in that way. I use a bluetooth headset with my mobile.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 14th November 2006, 21:09

Send a message via Yahoo to penfold
I'm not sure really, but the radio is connected indirectly to the aerial.When a call is made or received the radio has to cut out and the cradle is wired into the radio and the aerial.

I find the system I have is better than bluetooth, prior to fitting this setup I used bluetooth through my Garmin GPS and this setup is far superior, it also has the advantage of charging the phone.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page