2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

How do I do an MP3 disc.. with a MAC

Other 
2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Mark996 
#1 ·
Sorry if this seems really simple but, having read the wiki on how to do MP3 discs, is there any chance of the wiki article being updated for MACs?? (has the rainy day mentioned at the bottom of the article arrived yet???????)

I normally use my ipod via the fm route but frequently forget to take it with me so I want to keep cds in the car. What I'm not too sure on is how the folders etc will work or how you do this with itunes.. Yes I have cds but with only one album on them....and I'd rather have a few rather than about 50. Also I wont then leave my ipod in the car when parked up somewhere (which I have done in the past)

I know this will be quite simple to do but I need guidance. By comparison, changing film DVDs to ipod format etc is no problem so I don't know why I cant get my head round this!

#3 ·
Thought most macs ran a virtual windows sstem now enabling the use of media player.... :) If not you can download virtual desktop I believe.

Tom

#5 ·
NCH stuff is ok, but it gets annoying if you don't purchase it, constantly popping up to remind you your using the trial.............. I have learnt to ignore it though :)

Tom

Reactions: lippy
#6 ·
I use an app called Roxio Toast Titanium. Just select mp3 cd and drop all of your folders/files into the window. Only takes a few minutes.

Itunes will also let you burn an mp3 cd but it will only give you a cd full of mp3 singles and not seperate albums.

Reactions: lippy
#8 ·
On a mac, right click on the desktop and choose "New Burn Folder". In there you can create new folders to organise your songs. Now just drag your MP3s in there. If you want stuff out of iTunes, select the item in iTunes and press Command+R to show the song file. As long as the iTunes files are MP3, these can be dragged to the Burn folder.

Once that's done, in the Burn Folder, click on the Burn button and follow the instructions.

#9 · (Edited)
Thanks all for the replies - I shall look at Roxio etc - didn't want to get new software if I didn't need it as MACs are susposed to make things easy with all the 'i' programs. If I cant get the hang of it, I'll post again.

Thanks, Lippy

PS thanks to aerowave - I will try that in particular tip.
Stupid thing is I use a PC all day, a Mac at home and help others fix thi
ngs when they have issues but just couldn't get my head round mp3 cds!!

#10 ·
Obviously all your songs need to be mp3 format and not AAC which discounts anything bought from the iTunes store but you can convert them by burning them to disc and re-importing them as mp3.

The easiest way to make an mp3 disc for you Civic is to use iTunes as it is already on your computer. Make a new playlist using the 'Add' button (bottom left). Name it and then drag the tracks in you want to have on it.

Once you have finished click on 'Burn Disc' (bottom right). A burn settings box will appear. Click on 'MP3 CD'. Click on 'Burn Disc'. Wait for disc to burn. Eject it when finished and put it in your car.

Only downside with that is it won't put files in separate folders but you can use the finder to do that if it is important.

Couldn't be easier - really!!!

#12 ·
I have a G4 iBook. I use iTunes. I store all my music in MP3 anyway - just create a playlist and burn it to a CD.

The things you may need to change are in the "Preferences" menu. You want iTunes to use the MP3 encoder to import songs - selecting this will also allow you to convert songs to MP3 using an option in the "Advanced" menu. You also want to select "Make an MP3 CD" under burning preferences.

If you want to do this without iTunes' involvement, format the CD using Disk Utility and drag & drop MP3 files however you want them.

Hope this helps!

#13 ·
So glad that you wrote that - thought I was misreading something there.....I've been using Macs for years now, and was starting to wonder why no one else suggested burning mp3 discs via iTunes....it's ALL i ever use, and I've never had any probs whatsoever....

Mark. :police:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.