AUX in Latest connection options for PFL 8th gens with nav - Civinfo
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By ante00

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 27th January 2017, 12:27 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2007 Galaxy FK2 EX
Latest connection options for PFL 8th gens with nav

We have all seen the wiki where it goes through the different connection options for the pre facelift but are there any updated options/considerations. The music source will be my iphone 6s as it has all my stored music, my music streaming apps and my DAB radio apps.

The FM transmitter route it out as I've tried a number of different ones over the years and the audio quality is just not worth the hassle/expense.

So we have the connects2 option for a simple RCA or 3.5 mm input option, this is the cheapest simplest option. Coupled with a Logitech bluetooth connector I can connect to the unit wirelessly but apart from volume I won't be able to control whats playing-skip tracks etc. combined cost for both units should be about 70-75 quid.

Xcarlink sounds better as I believe it does offer some ipod control. however does this control extend to a connected iphone? I assume this will be via the USB input in the unit and a lightning cable? These are about 80 new or for bluetooth ones about £130!! Plus a lightning cable to hardware in.

So what other options are there? I don't want something that gives me all the menu options or anything like that, just simple back and forwards through tracks.

I know some will say just use the phone for this but with the crackdown and increased fines for phone use when driving I don't want be going anywhere near the phone while driving. Luckily with the HFT in the EX this isn't a problem at the moment anyway.

Whatever happens I know I would need a "Y" cable

Having the EX model means I don't want to upgrade to a new double din unit. While I'm sacrificing the improved sound quality I could enjoy from a new HU, I like the OE look and that everything is built in a works etc. I already run a compact sub to ease some of the pain here anyway

Last edited by Davels; 27th January 2017 at 12:29.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 27th January 2017, 12:41
Supporter

Car: 2007 1.8 Sport MT (Vivid)
Eco display
Send a message via MSN to ante00
You can mate upgrade to 2Din model but you also need to change screen to non satnav car so clima and clock can work. You'll still have all navigation wiring inthere and if you one day want to put it back in it'll be simple plug and play. Wiki is bit updated with more wiring how and what

One member removed satnav and installed Android 2din hu. By pm and facebook we tested non satnav car so clock and clima can work. All worked like a charm. Now he enjoys his new unit.
Farqui and Davels like this.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 27th January 2017, 12:49 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Car: 2007 Galaxy FK2 EX
Thanks, Yeah I knew that if I get clock and screens from a non EX I could still have working dash but would mean sourcing the parts, taking additional things apart and losing the built in nav which was a step to far just to have decent aux in option to be honest. Also no sure what happens to the climate control, assume this would plug in the to normal Civic main screen so you could see the temp display. But on the EX model full controls are selectable via the main colour screen with temp setting visible on the smaller 'Clock' display.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 27th January 2017, 13:06
Supporter

Car: 2007 1.8 Sport MT (Vivid)
Eco display
Send a message via MSN to ante00
Bulit in nav would be lost. Only thing you'll need to remove is speedo to get to screen and thats it. Loosing navi yes but you'll get new on android unit and there is quite options you can install and on every aftermarket unit you have aux and usb ports. It plugs. User who has do it tested it but is waiting screen to arrive and will post. Non satnav and small screen in satnav have same inputs. Only thing they are different in size and chip which controls writtig on screen.

If you have facelift model with usb and aux in armrest think you can rewire it to work on new hu. I posted in wiki what is what for aux and usb port for facelift models.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 4th March 2017, 22:51
Supporter

Thinking of adding Aux input for my 2.2 EX 08 plate too. Think I'm going to go down the XCarLink route with the Y Cable Honda USB/SD MP3 Interface Model V*::*HONDA*::*XCarLink

Don't know weather its worth getting the bluetooth kit too - would only use it for music playback as already got bluetooth built in and would likely only be the missus using the bluetooth. Would love to go down the 2Din route but think its too much money and with the loss of the OEM Sat Nav and replacing it all - its too much effort.

EDIT: Use code 'Civinfo24' at checkout to get £7.37 off too.

Last edited by Bankzy108; 4th March 2017 at 22:54. Reason: Discount code
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 22nd April 2018, 20:56

Car: 2010 Civic type s, black
Did anyone actually tried it? I got a 2006 EX and Iím won during if it would work fine

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page