Subwoofer Best way to install aftermarket speakers/headset/amp/12'' Su - Page 2 - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 4th July 2006, 14:07
Smell My Cheese!

I did hear a story, may well be an urban myth that a chap in the US sues Winnibago (??) because he set the cruise control on his and went in the back to make a coffee, needless to say it crashed, he was not warned that the cruise did not also take over the steering.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 4th July 2006, 17:19 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raegten
That's so wierd. Your sterring wheel has controls for Cruise control....but no controls for the stereo? The first thjing you get over here is audio controls on the sterring wheel and then Cruise control only comes in on the higher models. Is this an American thing where any car you buy has cruise control as standard?
cruise control is pretty standard over here
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 4th July 2006, 21:29
Supporter

Send a message via MSN to sco77harris
its cool having an american owner here - maybe we can get more and start a seperate area?

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 5th July 2006, 22:11 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by sco77harris
its cool having an american owner here - maybe we can get more and start a seperate area?
Neat, I'd be down.

btw, from the pics i've seen of the new euro civics...the bodies are quite different. I mean...triangular exhausts??
:P
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 5th July 2006, 22:28
12th June 2006 1.8EX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix0507
Quote:
Neat, I'd be down.

btw, from the pics i've seen of the new euro civics...the bodies are quite different. I mean...triangular exhausts??
And 6 speed boxes
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 6th July 2006, 14:54
Supporter

Send a message via MSN to sco77harris
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoolyCiv
Quote:
Quote:
Neat, I'd be down.

And 6 speed boxes
pottsy?
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 12th July 2006, 21:02 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Neat, I'd be down.

And 6 speed boxes
Is that because of the autobahn (sp?)
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 12th July 2006, 22:02
12th June 2006 1.8EX

I would think it has more to do with performance, that the overall top gearing will be pretty much the same on all civics of a given engine size. It will probably help with the fuel consumption as well. Fuel in the uk is in region of 4.50 per uk gallon i.e. about $6.85per us gallon, (1 US gallons = 0.832673844 Imperial gallons)
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 13th July 2006, 05:36
Galaxy class starship

Send a message via MSN to Copycat
Quote:
I would think it has more to do with performance, that the overall top gearing will be pretty much the same on all civics of a given engine size. It will probably help with the fuel consumption as well. Fuel in the uk is in region of 4.50 per uk gallon i.e. about $6.85per us gallon, (1 US gallons = 0.832673844 Imperial gallons)

Same here. Fuel price getting as high as 4.7 per uk gallon here. Or 1.5 per litre as we say.
I wonder why I don't see that many Hummers around here. Not that fuel consumption is the only thing wrong with them.

From what I could google on such short notice was that the Americans are paying little over $3 per us gallon. Correct me if I'm wrong, Matrix.
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 13th July 2006, 10:00
Smell My Cheese!

Interesting story behind why the US gallon is smaller. We sent a "standard" gallon container to the US, while they were still a colony, it came loose on the crossing, fell of its shelf and was dented, making it hold less than the original it was copied from. It was the only one they had so the settlers used that one.
post #31 of 31 (permalink) Old 13th July 2006, 10:07
Galaxy class starship

Send a message via MSN to Copycat
Quote:
Originally Posted by richierich
Interesting story behind why the US gallon is smaller. We sent a "standard" gallon container to the US, while they were still a colony, it came loose on the crossing, fell of its shelf and was dented, making it hold less than the original it was copied from. It was the only one they had so the settlers used that one.
To make sure we get even further from the topic. Does anyone know when QI is back on the telly?

And sure there are autobahns in Europe, but only in Germany. So I suspect it's more to do with making the car more economic and quicker 0-60 mph.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page