My install Invisible changes (merged) - Civinfo
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ardennes1944

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 5th April 2017, 20:31 Thread Starter

Invisible changes (merged)

Hi guys,

I am the new owner of a UK 12 plate 9th Gen EX GT.

I have a subwoofer and have figured out I have an amp. I am keen to make the stereo more refined. I do not need it to be overly loud, but want to have the option of decent volume music. I am planning to change the speakers so get that i should probably also change the amp.

I am keen on making the changes with minimal evidence of this, so am looking at a JL HX280/4 for the speakers and HX300/1 for the sub.

First question. Is my amp the thing in the photo on the outside of the driver's footwell, just behind the fusebox?

Second question. Will any decent 8" sub fit in the enclosure Honda provide?
Third question. How on earth do you get that trim off? I have managed the hatchback door and most of the dashboard, but not the bloomin' sub!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 5th April 2017, 20:45
Dutch

Car: 2015 Sport 1.6 sporty blue
Garage
Welcome mate!

No photos visible, you need to post 5 posts before you can add pictures I think
Thanks to Xa4cornelis from:
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 5th April 2017, 20:56

And you posted in the 8th gen section
Xa4cornelis likes this.
Thanks to Ardennes1944 from:

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 5th April 2017, 22:35 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

D'oh! Sorry on both counts.

I was wondering why I could not find an "Add Photo button". Attributed it to my mobile.

I'll cross-post.

On the plus side, I spent two hours messing about with the back ana managed to get to the sub (having sacrificed a few of the rivety poppers in the process). It transpires the 8" sub is screwed in from the back and can take 11cm depth without any surgery and 14cm if I do a bit of cutting and gluing of the back...
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 5th April 2017, 23:01 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

I have just been changing the speakers. The woofers in the front and rear comfortably take Alpine 6.5" speakers with the adapters that come in the box. You will have to drill some holes in the door though. Also, you will need to join up the wires, or get adapters. I got the E-bay ones named "PC2-818 HONDA ACCORD CIVIC EP2 EP3 SPEAKER ADAPTOR" and they slotted in perfectly. I have not yet attempted the tweeters. If you have the original sub in the boot, it is a real pain to get to. I spent two hours figuring out how to dismantle the trim, just so I could measure the thing - 8" diameter, 11cm depth.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 5th April 2017, 23:04 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Invisible sub and speakers upgrade

Hi guys,

I am the new owner of a UK 12 plate 9th Gen EX GT.

I have a subwoofer and have figured out I have an amp. I am keen to make the stereo more refined. I do not need it to be overly loud, but want to have the option of decent volume music. I am planning to change the speakers so get that i should probably also change the amp.

I am keen on making the changes with minimal evidence of this, so am looking at a JL HX280/4 for the speakers and HX300/1 for the sub.

First question. Is my amp the thing in the photo on the outside of the driver's footwell, just behind the fusebox, with the strange connectors?

Or is it the Panasonic thing in the same location in the Passenger footwell, behind the "mini fusebox"

Second question. Will any decent 8" sub (under 200) fit in the enclosure Honda provide?
I seem to have an easy 11cm of depth, with up to 14cm, if I embark on a bit of enclosure surgery. I was surprised at quite how much of the boot and rear seat trim I had to take apart to get at the thing, so while I have it out, I plan to have a good go at making it better.

Thanks,
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 8th April 2017, 21:21

You would just need to cross reference the subwoofer to the oem box.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 21st December 2018, 15:43

Garage
Is there anywhere in the Civic 9th place to hide the amplifier so there is no space?

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G)

Tags
boot trim , ex gt , subwooger

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page